cleaning up the smoke

Short Bus

Reaction score
Why don't you let Cale tune it next time he's up our way visiting family and friends? I know it's hard to get a hold of him, but I think it would be worth it.

I tried dealing with cale and never could get a call back. I know he's busy, so i just threw the whole deal on the back burner until now. I just got off the phone with Dave from swamps, im going to have a chip headed their way soon so i can try some of their new stuff. Any other tuners are welcome in on the offer, i will post the good, bad and the ugly lol. I think it would be a nice comparison of all the tuners to see who's got it going on with the 400 tunes. Looking at getting this dialed in better so i can quit taking the OBS on road trips!

Other projects im going to start include adding a walboro fuel pump in parallel with the fuel lab, adding in a transfer flow fuel tank, as well as finishing the sound deadening of the cab. Im doing the fuel system modification so that just in case i lose the fuel lab i can open a couple valves, shut a couple others then just fire up the walboro pump to get me by until i get another fuel lab. I havent had 1 lick of trouble with the FL pump, but i dont want the first problem to happen while on vacation and out of cell range :doh:.

bad12jr

Reaction score
IIRC matt has some tunes for that charger. He had a deal on them a while back and I believe he live tuned one. Don't hold me to that though.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

TARM

Reaction score
He is running that exact combo just different injector builders on the 400s. But it sounds like Swamps is going to take care of him.

patrickke

Reaction score
I tried dealing with cale and never could get a call back. I know he's busy, so i just threw the whole deal on the back burner until now. I just got off the phone with Dave from swamps, im going to have a chip headed their way soon so i can try some of their new stuff. Any other tuners are welcome in on the offer, i will post the good, bad and the ugly lol. I think it would be a nice comparison of all the tuners to see who's got it going on with the 400 tunes. Looking at getting this dialed in better so i can quit taking the OBS on road trips!

Other projects im going to start include adding a walboro fuel pump in parallel with the fuel lab, adding in a transfer flow fuel tank, as well as finishing the sound deadening of the cab. Im doing the fuel system modification so that just in case i lose the fuel lab i can open a couple valves, shut a couple others then just fire up the walboro pump to get me by until i get another fuel lab. I havent had 1 lick of trouble with the FL pump, but i dont want the first problem to happen while on vacation and out of cell range :doh:.

Are you stuck with a ts chip?

Gearhead

Reaction score
I had a GTX4202 and 455/400s on my black truck, but it shortened a rod before i had a change to really dial it in. It was very drivable though. Full build under way with ported heads and my stage 2 cam.......

Short Bus

Reaction score
Well I finally got around to sending my chip off and I got it back yesterday. I haven't put many miles on but I can already see a big difference, not to mention the shifting is tailored more towards a bigger charger. From what I can tell, the smoke is cut down by 50-75% from the old swamps tuning. Just in time too, we are leaving for vacation today and the obs broke down last night. So now we are stuck taking the superduty to Colorado. Depending on how it does at elevation we may have to change our plans some, but at least now it's an option to drive. Btw, tunes are still swamps.

Marty

Reaction score
I had a GTX4202 and 455/400s on my black truck, but it shortened a rod before i had a change to really dial it in. It was very drivable though. Full build under way with ported heads and my stage 2 cam.......

I heard rumors of an 11 second pass in this thing? Is it true........?

Gearhead

Reaction score
I heard rumors of an 11 second pass in this thing? Is it true........?

it ran damn close to it but kept gettin slower and slower throughout the day..... the night before I took it to the track it actually scared me just a bit.

New motor will be set up for the eventual common rail power levels one day. I think the first nitrous pass did it in and it kept getting slower after that.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Well I made it to Loveland for the night, 14.5 mpg on the fill up and that was with cruise set 76-79 mph. Much much lower smoke and egt's, very nice shifting and to be honest it's no wilder or smokier than my stage 2 obs at this altitude.

DocBar

Reaction score
it ran damn close to it but kept gettin slower and slower throughout the day..... the night before I took it to the track it actually scared me just a bit.

New motor will be set up for the eventual common rail power levels one day. I think the first nitrous pass did it in and it kept getting slower after that.
You'll have some 400/200's and a compound set up to play with soon. :D

Just waiting on all the parts to show up.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Well we started the day out in Loveland co, which was the lowest ele of the day at I believe 5000-5200' and went up through Eisenhower tunnel wHich is 11,000' give or take a little Hoosier pass which is 11,500 and ended up at 8500' for he evening. We went through one tank of fuel and it averaged 12.88 mpg and best of all I was not the smokiest turd in the mountains today. We saw several stockish rigs throwing out much more smoke than us. Hell up one pass we followed an old obs and it smoked like it was on fire the entire way up! Anyway, I was pretty proud of the ol girl today. It's been a long long time since it was capable and mild mannered enough to do this with. Who knew it would happen with a big ass single charger and 3xx/400 injectors! Thank you swamps for the awesome tunes!

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well we started the day out in Loveland co, which was the lowest ele of the day at I believe 5000-5200' and went up through Eisenhower tunnel wHich is 11,000' give or take a little Hoosier pass which is 11,500 and ended up at 8500' for he evening. We went through one tank of fuel and it averaged 12.88 mpg and best of all I was not the smokiest turd in the mountains today. We saw several stockish rigs throwing out much more smoke than us. Hell up one pass we followed an old obs and it smoked like it was on fire the entire way up! Anyway, I was pretty proud of the ol girl today. It's been a long long time since it was capable and mild mannered enough to do this with. Who knew it would happen with a big ass single charger and 3xx/400 injectors! Thank you swamps for the awesome tunes!

Right on, good to hear!

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Its nice to hear that today's tuning can make this possible.

With a large single and 400% nozzles, that is real good.

Also is your 4202 a stock comp wheel or a 76mm?

Latest posts

Members online