Clearance between RR lines and up pipes?

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
My fuel system that I built for my truck I run fuel to the front and back of the heads at the same time. It works great. My fuel pressure is set at 50 psi and it idles really nice even with my big sticks I'm running now.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
^that's how a guy that lives around me has his fuel system, his truck idles really smooth and quiet as well with 205/75's

Right, but the question is how.. I was taking to matt at ced, he built the pipes and he said he usually has to dent the pipes for the style of 90's I'm using.

Tomorrow I'll probably start looking for someone to sell me some hard lines with banjo fittings, but I would like to see if anyone has figured this out with a homemade solution.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Strictly diesel wont sell parts of their kits, so I know that isn't an option. Maybe sinister will sell you "replacement" parts? lol Their RR is a damn copy of Driven Diesel ( strictly ) RR. Its sad.

I dont think a dent would hinder much, if any at all. Id say go for it. Just make it smooth. and try not to crease it too deep

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Strictly diesel wont sell parts of their kits, so I know that isn't an option. Maybe sinister will sell you "replacement" parts? lol Their RR is a damn copy of Driven Diesel ( strictly ) RR. Its sad.

I dont think a dent would hinder much, if any at all. Id say go for it. Just make it smooth. and try not to crease it too deep

Yeah most companies are very reluctant to piece their kits out.. I would assume it's a liability thing.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Really? Damn

He said usually it's an issue because the parts are ordered in sets, but he's going to check his stock.

I'm ordering more than just the lines, Since I only have the feed part figured out I'll be ordering the kit minus feed lines and fuel bowl adaptor.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm using banjos (similar to those found on ebay with the 3 large holes that guys were using before the 6.4 banjos came out) with stainless braided lines coming out of the rear of the heads down to the frame. The braided stainless is coated in a heat resistant clear rubber of some sort. This is for my veggie fuel system, since it feeds into the back of the heads. I'm running Matt's T4 pipes too, no clearance issues what so ever. The rubber coating on the SS lines is more to prevent the SS from rubbing through things it shouldn't. I got my lines from Dave @ Veggiegarage out of Arizona. I think I paid about $100 for the lines, but they were high quality and were made to the lengths I already needed. Surely you can get some braided lines made up. Of course, these hoses were also made to run WVO and bio through, so the fuel line itself inside is teflon.

http://www.veggiegarage.com/product...re_Hose_Kit_w_Stainless_Steel_woven_cover.php

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm familiar with JIC, wanted to make sure someone didn't invent something new lol.

My concern is the back of the head isn't perfectly flat if you run them up towards the top of the motor, there is a small area that is cut out for the same style hard lines as stock, but wouldn't fit a stainless line. And I wouldn't have any way of mocking these up to make sure they will fit.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I don't see why they wouldn't fit... my lines were already in place when I put my T4 pipes on and it never even occurred to me that there would be fitment issues, nothing hit at all back there. Specifically, I have Matt's T4 pipes too.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I have no doubt they will clear the up pipes, I'm concerned about the banjo bolt clearance to the head, it's hard to describe without a picture of the back of the head

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
There's a hump on the back of the head, so it has to fit in between the cutout

b89f507fbb219831358649bf521c01f0.jpg

Latest posts

Members online