Clockspring Issue or ?

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
alright fellas last week i was driving up to south dakota and had just pulled out on the highway first thing in the morning to finish the drive....it was freezing out like 4* or something.....truck had only been running about 15 minutes but the oil temp was coming up so i left eh hotel jumped on the interstate and set the cruise right away at 70 mph.....after about 15 seconds the cruise shut off......i set it again.....after about 30 seconds not only did the cruise shut off but the whole truck shut off......pulled over on the side of the road and cycled the key and it started right back up....let it run for about 5 minutes just to see if it was gonna die again but it didnt......drove for about the next 30 minutes with my foot and decided to try the cruise again.....set it at 70 mph and had no issues the rest of the day.....it did set a code that i checked out but cant remember the # but it was a cruise circuit A low voltage or something like that......

you guys think the clockspring might have just been too cold or it needs replacing or what? i cant think of anything else it might be.....

CGMKCM

Reaction score
When my clock spring went I had the air bag light on, scraping noise when I turned the wheel, and no cruise control. IMO, The truck shutting off would not be clock spring related. My truck started and ran fine with the broken spring. Cold does strange stuff but once the clock spring is gone I don't see it fixing itself.

Zmann

Reaction score
agreed

and the cruise will kick off for a few reasons so if the engine tried to stall it would explain that

Last edited:

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
turns out the diesel was freezing up on me....must not have been any additive in it from the station....opened up the drain valve on the airdog while the truck was running and nothing came out.....a bottle of diesel 911 and an hour later it was back to free flowing and it hasnt stalled on me since.....

Latest posts

Members online