Clutch Pedal Issues

DieselJuice

Reaction score
Was driving the truck to work a little bit ago, and was under a good amount of acceleration. Went to shift into 3rd, and the clutch pedal felt tougher, let off the clutch and its stuck half way down, kicked it back up.... Had no issues the rest of the way to work. Didn't know if anyone had any insight on this? Kind of ***y, I've had em stick to the floor and what not, but not this. Didn't know if maybe it's the clutch assist spring?

Thanks,

Cody

old96stroker

Reaction score
Your upper master cylinder sounds like it is going bad, pardon my terminology. I had this problem on my 2006 and just went and bought a whole new Prebled assembly at o'reillys. The only problem I had was the little black plastic keeper that holds it to the clutch pedal, it kept breaking, it is the cheapest looking little pile of sh1t that you can think of. Go to ford and buy it. They don't break. Sorry for the long rant but either slave cylinder or master cylinder is getting ready to take a dump on you from my experience.

DieselJuice

Reaction score
Alright, thank you. I've had the master and slave go out on my 7.3, but the pedal would always just stick to the floor. Just kind of a new one to me. Thanks, again!

IHPuller450

Reaction score
I had this problem with mine under acceleration. Did your clutch slip? It sounds exactly like what mine would do after breaking it free when accelerating.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.