CNC Ported Scorpion Heads

R&D Injection

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what interests guys out there have with building power on the scorpion 6.7 platform. I know there are a few shops making good power with them but no one seems to offer any upgrades in engine headflow. We have some upgrades for them available now, but we are curious as to how far the average person off the street, looking to build power, wants to go with headflow R&D.
Are there people out there that would like an all out cnc ported head that gains 80-100cfm over stock at the price of $8000 a pair ready to bolt on? If so, speak up, this is something, to my knowledge is a very unexplored market. Any opinions?

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what interests guys out there have with building power on the scorpion 6.7 platform. I know there are a few shops making good power with them but no one seems to offer any upgrades in engine headflow. We have some upgrades for them available now, but we are curious as to how far the average person off the street, looking to build power, wants to go with headflow R&D.
Are there people out there that would like an all out cnc ported head that gains 80-100cfm over stock at the price of $8000 a pair ready to bolt on? If so, speak up, this is something, to my knowledge is a very unexplored market. Any opinions?
I think you should probally be a vendor on this site first.If you're trying to promote your products

sootie

Reaction score
Ported heads have been around for years for the 6.7.

Not sure if the rules permit throwing prices around on here without being a sponsor though...

R&D Injection

Reaction score
This post is about "CNC" ported head options and what people would like to see available for the ford powerstroke market. I'm not wondering about hand ported options, obviously people do that now....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This post is about "CNC" ported head options and what people would like to see available for the ford powerstroke market. I'm not wondering about hand ported options, obviously people do that now....

shoot me a pm and i'll get you taken care of .

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
The average guy isn't going to drop $8k for heads unless you got some serious power gain guarantee to go along with that cost.

$8k and guarantee to add 200 HP sign me up!! Otherwise you are talking to a niche market of people, not average Joe's.

getstroked27

Reaction score
We ran a few different setups on MFI, even milled the manifold shelves and did custom intake runners and valve covers. Never made enough difference to justify the cost/complication/time. Ran a set of mainly stock 15 heads with o-rings cut in them this season, had good luck with those.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
We ran a few different setups on MFI, even milled the manifold shelves and did custom intake runners and valve covers. Never made enough difference to justify the cost/complication/time. Ran a set of mainly stock 15 heads with o-rings cut in them this season, had good luck with those.

If I would do anything to my cylinder heads with my setup it would be to o-ring them and just do head studs at that time. I'm plenty happy with the 650ish whp i'm making right now...

R&D Injection

Reaction score

If your trying to tell me 30-50% gains in cylinder head flow didn't make a difference, I feel like maybe your missing something. People can say what they want, cylinder head flow = more efficient power across the whole power curve of any engine, diesel or not. It will act completely different.

Ive yet to see any custom valve covers, runners, or anything of that nature for the 6.7. Its all just been talk to my knowledge. We've seen significant gains with cnc portwork but everyone has their own opinions....

getstroked27

Reaction score
yeah I have a set from last year sitting on the parts shelf covered in dust, sure not just talk. Sure didn't make any more power. but hey, 1400 on a single 85 on a stock pw tune with stock, o-ringed heads sure does need a lot of improvement.

sootie

Reaction score
If your trying to tell me 30-50% gains in cylinder head flow didn't make a difference, I feel like maybe your missing something. People can say what they want, cylinder head flow = more efficient power across the whole power curve of any engine, diesel or not. It will act completely different.

Ive yet to see any custom valve covers, runners, or anything of that nature for the 6.7. Its all just been talk to my knowledge. We've seen significant gains with cnc portwork but everyone has their own opinions....

Huh? I have personally seen valve covers/intake manifolds from two different manufactures.

Just a tiny bit of advice-might want to do some research on what has been done with six sevens before telling everybody how much you know.

R&D Injection

Reaction score
yeah I have a set from last year sitting on the parts shelf covered in dust, sure not just talk. Sure didn't make any more power. but hey, 1400 on a single 85 on a stock pw tune with stock, o-ringed heads sure does need a lot of improvement.

Not interested in arguing. Who are you? What truck was this?

R&D Injection

Reaction score
Huh? I have personally seen valve covers/intake manifolds from two different manufactures.

Just a tiny bit of advice-might want to do some research on what has been done with six sevens before telling everybody how much you know.

I don't claim to know anything. If I knew everything I wouldn't be on here asking for advice. Typical internet for ya. Sure would appreciate to know where I can buy these parts and where all these pictures are.....

Someone have links they could post?

sootie

Reaction score
look thru some of the build threads in the 6.7 section. There is even a search tool to help.

getstroked27

Reaction score
Circa April 2015

Attachments

• billet 6.7 VC.jpg
    billet 6.7 VC.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 289

Latest posts

Members online