Code check

Freightshaker

Reaction score
Being new to a 7.3 and this forum I have been readin a lot, following about every tech and aftermarket thread for a 7.3 even if it does not pertain to a direction I'm going or even really pertain to my truck. I was thinking today how nice it would be to be able to check codes and such and watch inputs and outputs. As is I'm not really seeing all that is going on in my truck only part of it. Any recommendations on what I should get. I had a $40 dollar scanner for my early 90s rangers which was nice for what I was doing. I understand a 01 is lightyears ahead of a 90 ranger and cost would be too. Just curious if there is any entry level functional stuff out there. Thanks in advance.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I have a aeroforce scangauge in my truck and love it.... but its nothing compared to AE.

Freightshaker

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. It does look like AE would be the way to go. Would make it easier to check other family trucks too.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ae is great.. i bought a otc Genesis scanner that can monitor all the parameters and dtc's and all other vehicles too... you can other's like mine for a couple hundy.. mine was more then that and prolly could have gotten ae for the same price but i like it...

live life full throttle

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If you want something that will do it all, check out our Infinity. It will monitor generic and Ford enhanced data, run diagnostic tests(KOEO/KOER, injector buzz, cylinder contribution, glow plug), read/clear DTC's, datalog, and it is a programmer as well.

If you would like to read more about it, go HERE.

With the VIN license you will be able to monitor enhanced Ford data on ALL OBDII Ford vehicles, not just your truck. It is similar to the Ford bundle that you would purchase with AE.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

mandkole

Reaction score
For just keeping tabs on stuff, the scan gauge works well. Its on all the time and it helps you become used to what is 'normal' for your truck. it reads codes, does the simple injector tests, etc. I love it. The AE or another good scanner is the tool for the more hardcore troubleshooting, but you cant beat the gauge for the glancing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.