codes after injector install. white smoke.

jrex2506

Reaction score
ok installed rebuilt set of injectors i got off someone with idle time, ran ok at first, then had a miss at idle like it was down one. drove maybe 1/8 mile, pouring out white smoke, and codes on cylinder 6 & 8 low and high voltage code. everything fine before, should i assume both injectors are bad? plan on swapping back to my stockers for now so not running it til i figure whats wrong.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
ok installed rebuilt set of injectors i got off someone with idle time, ran ok at first, then had a miss at idle like it was down one. drove maybe 1/8 mile, pouring out white smoke, and codes on cylinder 6 & 8 low and high voltage code. everything fine before, should i assume both injectors are bad? plan on swapping back to my stockers for now so not running it til i figure whats wrong.

Might be air in the system? when a shop changed injectors on my 7.3 with 160/100's it white smoked and ran like Sh** had a extreme lopey idle and couldn't go over 40 MPH cars were beeping horns (because how much white smoke it was making) all it did was pop and bog, several drives up and down the road later it cleared up and all was fine. I also thought something was wrong but nope it was only air in the system.

Stag0608

Reaction score
I know this may sound crazy, but I had a shop change a couple injectors on my old truck before I bought it and the left one copper gasket under the injector. It smoked like hell and through codes also. I got so feed up with them I pulled the injectors my self and found the problem. Just a shot in the dark to let you know what happened to me. Did you check your gaskets and orings before you installed your injectors?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I know this may sound crazy, but I had a shop change a couple injectors on my old truck before I bought it and the left one copper gasket under the injector. It smoked like hell and through codes also. I got so feed up with them I pulled the injectors my self and found the problem. Just a shot in the dark to let you know what happened to me. Did you check your gaskets and orings before you installed your injectors?

Make sure the electrical connectors are fully seated, and no pins are bent.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score

Let us know if you need them flow tested or fixed!!!

Irontx

Reaction score
Low and high codes sounds like solenoids/connectors...... you can ohm them out without pulling them.....

jrex2506

Reaction score
ya idled for 10 mins, was so bad i just cut it off, ill check the wires and ohm test them tomorrow. one injector was high voltage, other was low. ficm is 48 volts and everything else was good before...

craig, i think i emailed yal about sending u my cores, that is when i get it fixxed lol.

jrex2506

Reaction score
Ok got it apart, it seems i blew lower oring on #5 injector due to not being fully seated and hydrolocked. Should i have the injector checked or just re ring and try it? Its black at the end of it.