Codes

6fourstroker

Reaction score
ab4eb438a6d2852e78d3875fcd9e36d2.jpg

Have gotten these codes everyday this week.. But I'm still getting a back pressure readind that doesn't seem to be off and boost is as normal.. My ebp tube and Sensor have been relocated to the Egr provision behind the turbos.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
ab4eb438a6d2852e78d3875fcd9e36d2.jpg

Have gotten these codes everyday this week.. But I'm still getting a back pressure readind that doesn't seem to be off and boost is as normal.. My ebp tube and Sensor have been relocated to the Egr provision behind the turbos.

I bet the wiring going to the sensor or the sensor itself is the problem.

sootie

Reaction score
gearhead tunes probly. happened more when it was super humid

mine did the same thing. swap sensors and it may buy you some time. try running the H&S tunes and see if it still occurs

6fourstroker

Reaction score
gearhead tunes probly. happened more when it was super humid

mine did the same thing. swap sensors and it may buy you some time. try running the H&S tunes and see if it still occurs

INTERESTING. I'm going to go ahead and load the canned tunes to see if it does it tomorrow on my morning commute. It has been HUMID AF this week.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Well sootie, your theory seemed to be correct this morning. Until I hit a red light in town, then after idling for a minute or so it threw this code. Didn't throw the other code though.
a0859e1bc4ce1e8256015b0482740b34.jpg

boggerr

Reaction score
No, just went through a problem with EBP on mine.
Check the plug on the EBP sensor, mine had a broken wire at the plug but the insulation was still intact. Get someone to watch your gauge and try gently moving the wires and plug around. Also give the wires a slight tug near the plug, that's how I found mine was broke.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
The connections in the plug were loose.. Crimped them in a little so they would make better contact. No issues since

6fourstroker

Reaction score

I still think something's off though. Damn Gearhead tunes never smoked hardly at all unless I was WTFO and blowin the tires off. Now when it's been smokin like a mofo every time I get into the next gear.

sootie

Reaction score
yep-somethings wrong-does it still sound like a hairdryer at idle?

boggerr

Reaction score
I still think something's off though. Damn Gearhead tunes never smoked hardly at all unless I was WTFO and blowin the tires off. Now when it's been smokin like a mofo every time I get into the next gear.

Are you driving my truck??
That's an issue I was chasing. Check IC boots real close, mine had a hole in the bottom boot of the hot side under that metal ring.

Also watch BP and VGT duty cycle. My VGT was dropping to 0 when I let off the throttle and at a stop would very slowly climb back up. I bet that plug is screwed up and throwing it off when your driving.

What is your EBP reading KOEO and at idle when warmed up?

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Are you driving my truck??

That's an issue I was chasing. Check IC boots real close, mine had a hole in the bottom boot of the hot side under that metal ring.

Also watch BP and VGT duty cycle. My VGT was dropping to 0 when I let off the throttle and at a stop would very slowly climb back up. I bet that plug is screwed up and throwing it off when your driving.

What is your EBP reading KOEO and at idle when warmed up?

Does mini maxx show duty cycle? And what is KOEO? Ebp is 3lbs at idle.

boggerr

Reaction score
Don't know if mini maxx shows it but I would think it does.
KOEO= Key On Engine Off
I read my EBP in absolute so my numbers are different then yours. You just have to add roughly 14.6 to your numbers unless your at a higher elevation.
Mine with the key on is 14.6 and idle is 17.5.With the plug being screwed up, my key on was 19.8 and around 20 at idle. Watching it while driving it looked normal until I started watching the VGT, that's when I knew something was fishy

Last edited:

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Don't know if mini maxx shows it but I would think it does.

KOEO= Key On Engine Off

I read my EBP in absolute so my numbers are different then yours. You just have to add roughly 14.6 to your numbers unless your at a higher elevation.

Mine with the key on is 14.6 and idle is 17.5.With the plug being screwed up, my key on was 19.8 and around 20 at idle. Watching it while driving it looked normal until I started watching the VGT, that's when I knew something was fishy

At idle ebp reads 3lbs. KOEO is at 0..

Latest posts

Members online