coil conversion

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking at buying a 94 from a friend in the next couple of months. I am wanting to do a coil conversion for the front end, but not finding any links. I tried the search feature, and coming up empty handed.

Does anybody have a link for an install or a good reference? Sorry for the question, but i am just coming up dry on search results.

TIA

sootie

Reaction score
frankthetank and obswiz are the two that come to mind.

also-i have most of an 05 coil set up laying around if you are interested. all you would need is coil buckets and radius arm mounts

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
frankthetank and obswiz are the two that come to mind.

also-i have most of an 05 coil set up laying around if you are interested. all you would need is coil buckets and radius arm mounts

I think we might have a spare set of coil buckets from my buddy's Fummins.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
OBSWIZ, i will PM you when the time gets closer! thank you.

how much work is realistically involved to do this conversion?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
It's a 7 out of 10 in the pain in the ass meter. Well worth it, but both axles will need swapped and lots of little things that get overlooked

06-sixoh

Reaction score
What are some of the things overlooked?

Im wanting to put a 4-6" lift on this truck, and just want it reliable. If the TTB is going to be reliable, then i guess i dont have an issue. Assuming i can still use 4x4 in the snow/sand/mud and not be scared to put the throttle down. And im going to have to regear it sounds like too.

Krause

Reaction score
The TTB will not be reliable. It will eat tires and never hold an alignment, been there and done that with 450$$/tire Toyo's. At the very least you should be swapping in a Dana 60, if you're doing that much work, it may be worth it to just anti for for the coil setup.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Maybe not over looked, just forgotten till you get there. Brake lines, u joints, adj. Track bar, shorten driveshsft, I'm sure I'm forgetting something

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking at buying a 94 from a friend in the next couple of months. I am wanting to do a coil conversion for the front end, but not finding any links. I tried the search feature, and coming up empty handed.

Does anybody have a link for an install or a good reference? Sorry for the question, but i am just coming up dry on search results.

TIA

I have a complete front half of frame section from an '05 with axle and everything for sale (no driveshaft).
Not sure where you are located, but pm me if interested.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Maybe not over looked, just forgotten till you get there. Brake lines, u joints, adj. Track bar, shorten driveshsft, I'm sure I'm forgetting something

Trimming cross member for trackbar clearance, shortening draglink, making e-brake cables work, rear shock mounts, etc.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
Plus if the op's 94 is a manual trans, the cross member will be in the way of the radius arm bracket, so a customer cm will need to be built.

kmanxj

Reaction score
Trimming cross member for trackbar clearance, shortening draglink, making e-brake cables work, rear shock mounts, etc.

Shortening drag link? Is this true when using the 05+ gear box or only when using the OBS gear box?

Strokersace

Reaction score
If you run a lift kit then you might be OK but I don't know. I'm probably the lowest height wise of anyone that's done this to date. I can barely fit a 33x12.5 tire up front. I know myself and several others have had to cut about 1" off the threads on the draglink so it could be adjusted right and keep the wheel straight.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'm running the 05+ gear box but I think others had to do it with the obs box too.

Latest posts

Members online