Coil over lift kits Questions

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Guys I've always had a lift on every truck I've owned. I've never owned a lift that was with cool overs.

My question is are they worth the money?

How's the ride? And how long does the shock in coil over last mileage wise?

I'm planning way early in advance probably looking around thanksgiving or a little after before I do this I've got a few house mods to do this summer before this.

I'm set on. 4.5" and I love icons stuff. I'm currently running their 2.5" lift coils.
But in starting to hear some really good things about carli suspensions too.

So what do y'all think?
Carli or icon?
Is spending the coin for coil over worth it?

DC@Special

Reaction score
If you like to really work the truck offroad, then a coilover setup is nice since they can handle faster cycling rates vs. a regular coil spring.

Plus you have the added bling of the coilover, LOL.

As for if they are worth the money, really depends on how you use the truck and if you want that coilover look.

As for Carli or Icon. Both make great products and you can't really go wrong either way.
Of course you can also do a Icon/OUO combo at that height which would also be very nice.

Personally, I have always had great experience with Icon and OUO stuff which is why they are the only things I run on my personal trucks.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
DC

Thanks for the info. As far as me working my truck off road, I'm a big time hunter and always driving my trick all over the ranch. Plus it's close to 10 miles one way down my rough county road to get to my gate. I also work construction and run my truck on job sites as well. But on the other hand I do a lot of highway and city driving to so I want the rode comfort on pavement just as much as off pavement driving.

So with that info I added now I guess it's proper to ask is the up grade to cool overs really worth or should I stick with coil springs and just out super awesome shocks on it

DC@Special

Reaction score
DC

Thanks for the info. As far as me working my truck off road, I'm a big time hunter and always driving my trick all over the ranch. Plus it's close to 10 miles one way down my rough county road to get to my gate. I also work construction and run my truck on job sites as well. But on the other hand I do a lot of highway and city driving to so I want the rode comfort on pavement just as much as off pavement driving.

So with that info I added now I guess it's proper to ask is the up grade to cool overs really worth or should I stick with coil springs and just out super awesome shocks on it

For your application and being a 4.5" lift height.....I'd recommend going with the Icon coil setup and use the Icon 2.5 VS shocks.
You wouldn't sacrifice any travel that way and would have something that will ride very nicely on and off road.

Snake

Reaction score
Best pic I have available right now

daytona09c.jpg

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Looks like icon is the winner I'm in the process now shopping for a 4.5" icon coilover kit with some American force wheels

Snake

Reaction score
Talk to Dan ^^^^^^^

Even though he ignored my texts on Saturday, I was able to get the answers, help, and products I needed from TruckToyz this week. LOL

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I really like truck Toyz but I'm going thru a local off road shop cause I don't want to have to install it my self I'm having them do it

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
What I have been looking at too is the King Coilover leveling kit...looks like the best of both worlds for me :D and I can get it through Truck Toyz which makes it even better

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Yeah I saw where king was offering a leveling kit with coilovers if I was stocking with a leveling kit I'd deff be looking hard into that one

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Yeah I mean it's pretty hard for me cause the 37" MTRs and King leveling kit are cheaper together than the Carli lift by itself...lol so that's what I'm looking at. From what I understand the leveling kit should still give some decent wheel travel and ride since it comes with the coilovers and remote resis in the rear. I'm pretty excited just gotta start saving my pennies....damn tax return wasn't big enough...need to have a kid or something to get that huge return haha

SAK

Reaction score
The king coils can be built to any lift height that you want. The black truck on 24's that we posted up a few weeks ago has Kings on it.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Hmm...so are you saying that I could do a coilover only lift? Like get Kings built to give me 4.5" of lift....matching rear piggyback shocks and block? Without the cost of one of the big name kits...just curious...cause I'm wanting to run 37s and I think a 4.5" would give me a better level of clearance and wheel travel than I could get out of a leveling kit alone

Latest posts

Members online