Cold start concerns

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have an '11 6.7 tuned and ******d with mini-maxx. 5 inch exhaust.. Concerned today because i just started it up and it puked blue smoke for several minutes. Mini maxx read coolant and oil temps at 19 degrees. Didn't struggle to start or sound bad. Just smoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Makes me not want to ****** mine. Blue smoking looks ghetto as all hell, even if its "normal"

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Makes me not want to ****** mine. Blue smoking looks ghetto as all hell, even if its "normal"

This is the first time it has done it. Had I plugged it in last night I'm betting it wouldn't have done it.. Lol but yea I hit the remote start walking to it and was like oh fug that's embarrassing lol.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
This is the first time it has done it. Had I plugged it in last night I'm betting it wouldn't have done it.. Lol but yea I hit the remote start walking to it and was like oh fug that's embarrassing lol.

You should see/hear a 7.3 start when not plugged in with the temps that low. The 7.3 sounds like it hates you.

Billy T.
[email protected]

dsmracing1

Reaction score

Very much so. When it's -25F out and I plug my truck in I get an initial puff of blue and then it's clean. If I don't plug it in then she smokes blue like a bastard for a while...

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Ok so it sounds like it happens to everyone lol glad to know bc I always freak out like something's wrong ha

NickPic83

Reaction score
You should see/hear a 7.3 start when not plugged in with the temps that low. The 7.3 sounds like it hates you.

Billy T.
[email protected]
Co-worker has a 7.3. It's down right scary sounding on cold starts. Sounds like I should duck for cover because at any moment valve train parts are going to exit the motor and take my head off....

dsberman94

Reaction score
I thought mine sounded bad but it's nowhere near that bad I don't think. I think you guys are just too used to your fancy new cushy trucks.

sootie

Reaction score
I thought mine sounded bad but it's nowhere near that bad I don't think. I think you guys are just too used to your fancy new cushy trucks.

try not to sound like you want something better than the pile of scrap you rattle around in...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
my guess is the rail pressure is so low during start up that its having a hard time burning all of the fuel, I have thought about making some changes but I just haven't had time. When the *** is on it doesn't really matter, and Ford wants the trucks as quiet as possible on start up and idle so you don't annoy your neighbors, there might be a fine line there where you can bump it up enough to ditch the smoke and not knock too bad.

Latest posts

Members online