Cold start issue on hot tube?

Corys6.0

Reaction score
I am running the Ultimate X from IDP, as it started getting colder it would start harder. Today it’s 17 degrees feels like it’s 8 degrees and I forgot to plug it in and she wouldn’t start. The truck is studded ******d etc basically everything is new. The truck never once had an issue starting when it was Bonestock at much colder temps than this believe it or not. Any ideas to fix this? I love the tune beside the cold start issue

sootie

Reaction score
I am running the Ultimate X from IDP, as it started getting colder it would start harder. Today it’s 17 degrees feels like it’s 8 degrees and I forgot to plug it in and she wouldn’t start. The truck is studded ******d etc basically everything is new. The truck never once had an issue starting when it was Bonestock at much colder temps than this believe it or not. Any ideas to fix this? I love the tune beside the cold start issue

remove the tune and see if that makes a difference tomorrow morning. If it does, that answers your question. If it doesnt, throw up the vitals and we'll get to diagnosing!

Corys6.0

Reaction score
remove the tune and see if that makes a difference tomorrow morning. If it does, that answers your question. If it doesnt, throw up the vitals and we'll get to diagnosing!

Will do thanks buddy, it turned over a few times then stared clicking. My CTS2 Moniyor said 9.4V for the battery before I started cranking. That seems awful low. When it’s warmed up they are 13+.

sootie

Reaction score
Will do thanks buddy, it turned over a few times then stared clicking. My CTS2 Moniyor said 9.4V for the battery before I started cranking. That seems awful low. When it’s warmed up they are 13+.

Oh, should have said that first. Nothing to do with the tune, get some batteries in it...

i thought you meant crank and no fire.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
You guys are right batteries are dead. Been plugged in all day won’t start. What’s the best batteries for the money and what CCA?

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
You need 850 cca or better if you can find higher.

Idk whats good now but dont buy interstate, i have 850 interstates and they show good voltage but crank like shyt when its below 20 degrees.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I Put motorcraft in all my chit, but I work for ford, lol. Hard to beat the warranty though, 3 yr free replacement and 100 month pro rate, and as soon as you pay a dime, warranty starts all over

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
You cant beat that then. Id guess id have to give $300 a piece at a dealer so no go there. Lol
Ive been literally “left out in the cold” by brand new interstates that are $225 each. But instead of Napa brand i opted to replace with another set of interstate and they havent failed after 3 years now but they always cold crank very weak even though voltage shows good.

Latest posts

Members online