Combo???

jtlane

Reaction score
Need some thoughts on my build 250cc 100% 64.5 turbo waste gated,colt cam stage 2 ,ported heads ill be using it for a dd tow every now and then to the cattle market about 10000lb max 3.73 gears with zf5 good or bad combo?

mattman347

Reaction score
Injectors would be a little on the big side but if you had them pulled back it would be a real fast spooling set up. No real need for the cam at that level but its up to you. The 364.5SXE spools up great and is awesome at keeping EGT's in check while towing.

jtlane

Reaction score
Well I was in the process of building my motor the cam Denton work the best so besides buying a stock replacement I kind of got a discount on the cam lol what's the max outta the 364.5? Thank you for the reply bud

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Injectors would be a little on the big side but if you had them pulled back it would be a real fast spooling set up. No real need for the cam at that level but its up to you. The 364.5SXE spools up great and is awesome at keeping EGT's in check while towing.

My thought as well. For towing 10k on the reg, I wouldn't jump into Hybrids personally. Run a set of 160/30's or you could even do a set of 180/80's with that turbo. Both of those injector choices go good with the 364.5sxe. That turbo has been a fantastic choice for a lot of people. We have sold quite a few of them.

Well I was in the process of building my motor the cam Denton work the best so besides buying a stock replacement I kind of got a discount on the cam lol what's the max outta the 364.5? Thank you for the reply bud

You could probably get away running a smaller Hybrid on the 364.5. Something like a 200/30 or 238/80. Anymore than that and I would jump up to the 366. However, for towing 10k regularly, I would not go Hybrid at all. Like I stated above, 160/30's or 180/80's are a much better choice for that purpose.

psduser1

Reaction score
Curious how the cam works out for you..
Seems most cam swaps tend to push user-friendly rpms higher.

jtlane

Reaction score
I'm very anxious to figure out how it it will work I don't want to run hi RPMs it's a Colt cam stage 2 supposably supposed to preformed as the OEM but much better about what RPM does the 366 come on strong for most I have a goal of at least 500 horsepower

Latest posts

Members online