Combustion in fuel?

bigfords

Reaction score
I've got an old Econoline we are working on that fires up, runs and then eventually loses power and dies completely. Narrowed it down to a fuel issue. It seems like air is getting in the fuel system. Supply and return fuel is good. Has anyone had issues with getting combustion in the fuel system? Bad copper crush washer and lower injector maybe?

thanks!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Injector may be loose, which in turn let combustion by which melted the copper. Hydrolocking will happen soon

joe d

Reaction score
Agreed with above. Also check fuel line quick connections on driverside engine bay. Ive seen those suck air. If you want i have a set of alliant o rings never opened. 50$ plust shipping..
Joe.

bigfords

Reaction score
96 with fuel pump that runs off cam. I'm hoping it's loose injector, I was thinking along that could be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bigfords

Reaction score
I talked to the previous mechanic and he said he put 2 injectors in it 2 years ago. Guessing it's one of those. I will probably try and get at one side tomorrow and take a look...got to love Econolines!

79jasper

Reaction score
Take a peak at the fuel filter.
I think if it's getting combustion gasses into the fuel system, you should get soot in the filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ghohouston

Reaction score
its a long shot, but there are quick connects with o rings where the fuel lines run up the side of the motor, they can get brittle and suck air

bigfords

Reaction score
Good info. Fuel filter looks ok with no soot or anything. Does seem aerated and doesn't always build pressure like it should. It is a very strange problem to say the least.
Also to note, I do not have any circuit codes for IDM or injectors, but when running the injector buzz test, #4 has a significant lower/different noise to it than the rest when it clicks.

Latest posts

Members online