Common problem?

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Back in January I installed an aux fuel tank that filled my oem tank via gravity feed. I immediately noticed my oem fuel tank leaked around the fill tube, where the plastic nipple is. I don't know how long it was broken for because it is impossible to fill the oem tank to the very top. With the aux tank and gravity feed setup, it was obviously leaking. I went and replaced the oem tank with a new tank from ford. The setup has worked perfectly until yesterday when the oem tank started leaking from the plastic nipple again. Are these tanks known for this and is there something I can do so I don't end up having to replace tanks every 5 months. Thank you

K_Hood

Reaction score
Interesting, I am interested as well because I would like to consider an aux fuel tank in the future. Do you have any pics of your setup?

Sorry that I don't have a solution, but hopefully the bump might help you a little bit.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Haven't had time to look at it. We've been busy with field work. It leaks enough to drip on the ground and you can see it running down the side of the fuel tank.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
*update* Turns out the hose connected to the roll-over valve has a breather on it and when my aux tank is full, it makes enough pressure to leak from there. I don't know if I can just eliminate the breather or maybe just relocate it to a higher spot? What woul happen if I just plugged the roll-over valve hose before the breather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
could just put a valve in... fill it when it gets low, we had a truck that had a pump... but only because it was too low to gravity feed(obs under the back tank) put the pump on an in cab switch and it worked pretty well.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I ended up putting a hose between the roll-over valve and the breather on aux tank and putting factory breather on that hose. The breather now sits about an inch higher than aux tank which should allow both tanks to breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.