Compounds with Garrett turbos?

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I have seen alot of compounds turbo set ups and they all seem to be with Borg Warner, turbo. I'm not going to build compounds I was actually curious on why not Garrett's, is it a price issue? Or just not as good for compounds?

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Haven't seen any either Adrian. I would love to have a gt55 compounded with this 724094R :)

MorganY

Reaction score
They're expensive chargers. Especially a ball bearing setup. A dual ball bearing low pressure (even though it may not be needed) would be $3600+ depending on what you choose to go with. I would have loved to use two GTX chargers for mine, but I didn't want to spend 8-10k for the setup.. Also is a cheaper option to interchange housings, as I'm sure I will need to do that some point. Cheap to rebuild as well.

smoker00

Reaction score
Mine are not running and not on a 6.0.

My set up is GTX4294R with a gt55r compressor wheel is 96in 133ex with a 46mm gate..on the gtx. I hope it works.. I got a lot tied up in it..

The only resin I used the Garrett turbos is my truck had a precision 76mm gt42r on it when I got it.

I think people do use the BW for the cost and there a good as any other.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
I would love to be rich and make a GTX twin or triple set but that isn't going to happen. GTX5533R would be a fun primary but isn't that like a $5k charger?

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Gt 4094r high pressure, gtx45 secondary, gtx55 low pressure. And 27 gates of course refuge style. Booooooohhhhhhhsssssssstt

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
I would like to see what a gtx3582r and a gtx4202r would do. External gate around the 35. Maybe a gtx4508r. I wish I could be rich to play with expensive things.

Garrett

Super08Duty

Reaction score
If Garrett would release GTX DBB chargers between 64-70mm I think there would be a lot more people going with Garrett. One day I'd like to try a big trip setup with GTX snails

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I have seen a dmax with garrett DBB compounds and was reading about some guys building them on Cummins. Like was said, i think cost is the big limiting factor, and BW has so many more sizing options available in the range that we would use on a 6.0. It would be sweet though

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i know a few guys running gtx compounds in their duramax pull trucks, the spoolup either hasnt changed or it had become worse at take off. But the dual ball bearing has outlasted the bw journal over a sled pull season. They can take the heat and abuse time and time again.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
I was working on something for my dd but its been put on hold for now. They work great but as far as flow it's just hard to beat the bw extended tip chargers. I think sometime soon there will be something that works well ;)

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I was working on something for my dd but its been put on hold for now. They work great but as far as flow it's just hard to beat the bw extended tip chargers. I think sometime soon there will be something that works well ;)

pssssshhh....whattya you know bout Garrett compounds fool?

:pimp:

motoxracer42

Reaction score
I would like to see what a gtx3582r and a gtx4202r would do. External gate around the 35. Maybe a gtx4508r. I wish I could be rich to play with expensive things.

Garrett

I have all of those chargers here plus some if you want any lol. My friend made over 700hp on a common rail with the gtx3582.
And for those of you scared of the 35 turbine side, we do a custom gtx3782r ;)

Latest posts

Members online