confused on leveling...no answers in search.

strokefreak

Reaction score
Looking for answers, searched and didnt find the answers. Spent two days literally scrolling through every post in aftermarket and stock. Any advice/opinions offered is appreciated.
Basics..2014 f250 XL. 6.7 4x4 ext cab lb. There is tons of info for a leveling set up here, but for 20" wheels and up. Mine came with steel wheels,7.5 wide and 17" with a 5" BS. I want to stay with 17" for $ reasons, and its basically a work truck, tow pig.
Question is can i use the 5" BS on a 17x9 aftermarket wheel, with 35's? With or without a level? I ordered a leveling kit from CP just in case i need it. I dont want the super wide stance so i am trying to keep it under the truck for the most part. I measured front and rear wheel well heights last night. Best i can see there is half inch diff in mine, rear being slightly higher. Am i just overthinking this? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Leveling and wheel diameter should make no difference. The numbers you need to be aware of is overall tire height and width.

If your truck is a 250, then the front to rear rake of 1/2" is about normal. Once you level the front with a 2 or 2.5" kit you will need to move up to a F350 or a 4" block in the rear to sit level.

The 17x9 with the 5" Backspace is good. You should be looking for a 35x12.50 tire.

acf6

Reaction score
I thought that 2014 f250 and f350s both had the 3.7" rear blocks? When i looked at the dealer the other day all the f250s had a lot of rake

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I thought that 2014 f250 and f350s both had the 3.7" rear blocks? When i looked at the dealer the other day all the f250s had a lot of rake

Someone else said that their 250 had the taller blocks too…not sure what's up with that. All the 250s I've seen have the smaller block :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strokefreak

Reaction score
I saw the post earlier this morning where this was mentioned. Honestly cant remember what post it was. Went and looked at two of my buddies trucks today, both had small blocks. Mine has the 10k package, theirs didnt. But all three had small blocks. Beats me, maybe Ford just ran out of small blocks for awhile?

Latest posts

Members online