Connecting rod cap broke in 2 pieces

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Just got the oil pan off. Anyone seen this and if so what situations have you experienced it in. Customer says he was just driving from a stop light. Then it seized up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Is this a factory motor or is it a reman?

How do the other rod bearings look? Is there any sign of detonation due to poor timing from a bad tune?

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Bone stock truck. It's sitting on 40" toyo mt s. Un sure or both reman engine and other bearings. It's almost like it shattered.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1393515623689.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393515663744.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
any one order a jasper engine before?

Yea, and had to pull it because of terrible vibration issues, that's after jasper made us replace motor mounts, check the flex plate etc etc. The second one still vibrated but not as bad. That being said I've put in a bunch of jasper gas motors with no problems.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Did jasper pay you for your time? That the BIG selling point he keeps throwing at me.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
it's a pain in the ass getting money out of them...

and, doesn't that sound like a "plan for failure" to you? :confused: I wouldn't buy something that the main selling point is "if there's a problem, we'll pay you for your labor"

if somebody is in a rush to get their 6.4 back on the road, we just put a brand new Ford unit in and roll out. They're not cheap, but they're not that expensive in the grand scheme of things for the quality and the speed at which you get them

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Do not roll with Jasper. They can't produce a diesel for ****.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
And I also asked if this was a reman since I have seen several Ford remans pop at the caps.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
an enhanced shortblock from Ford is mid 5's wholesale... comes with front and rear covers, new cam, lifters, oil cooler, head gaskets, etc.

they also have a very friendly core policy, so if you've got one that's grenaded and essentially a total loss, it's that much better going with Ford IMO

YMMV

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
I don't have time for a short block. I would like a long block with almost everything . Any ideas?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
a good used pull-out or a fresh Ford unit would be the only way I'd go there... The only way I'd consider a Jasper or equivalent quality "budget" reman would be to trade in a truck or run it through auction

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Reviva, junk, Jasper, junk, Ford reman, junk..

Like said, those three are just for trade offs. The only way to go is have a builder build one. I thought there was a vendor selling long blocks

Latest posts

Members online