Considering trading my truck for a new '15

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
I guess this has to do with me being young and not having the financial history like most of you on here, but I don't understand the whole upgraded to nearly the same truck idea. Now if your truck is paid off I can see being able to, but when people just keep trading in and getting new trucks it doesn't make much sense to me. Now of course it would be nice to drive off the lot in a brand new truck, who doesn't want to do that?!?! Im just not sure it would be worth the upgrade when you could make your truck far better than a brand new stocker fairly easily, and most likely financially a better idea.

I personally am a person who buys things to drive them into the ground, ive been taught that is the best way to own a vehicle. That is probably why I will never lease a vehicle in my life.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ford is really going full retro with the tailgates. That one looks just like some 70's-80's stuff just like the Platinum overlay does.

Reaction score
e6cc194e4853d9bb7882b4834bfc385d.jpg

Assuming the 2017 will have a tailgate something like this. Kinda resembles the 2015 F150 styling. Hearing might be released during 2016 sometime. Will have more aluminum being used.

How did you come across this photo? First actualy body picture of the new Super Dutys!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Ford is really going full retro with the tailgates. That one looks just like some 70's-80's stuff just like the Platinum overlay does.

Here come the tube socks and short shorts again.... with stripes on the socks..... throw in a fanny pack and you have a new 2017 superduty owner.

Layson

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if they went back to the F150-F250-F350 having all the same body style like the old days.

morepower02

Reaction score
Here come the tube socks and short shorts again.... with stripes on the socks..... throw in a fanny pack and you have a new 2017 superduty owner.

I would take that over a Monster drinking coal roller with a dirty money sticker douche any day.

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if they went back to the F150-F250-F350 having all the same body style like the old days.

Agreed. Based on that tailgate, looks identical to the new F150 only with the Super Duty logo across it. Ill bet if anything, the two share the same cab which is why they made the new F150 2 inches wider. They will probably have different fronts and rears though.

Axis2011KR

Reaction score
'15 better turbo and exhaust brake & more fuel = mo powar
anything else?

Anyone had a deleted '15 on the dyno? What's it making? About 100hp more than mine?

I know my minimax wouldn't work, but I can probably sell it for what the SCT & tunes would cost, right? All my other goodies will work just fine, right?

Help talk me into this :morons:

The 2015 transmission is way smoother than the older models. It's night and day coming from my 2011. 9% bigger injectors I believe, bigger turbo without a wastegate (I'm seeing close to 28psi full boost bone stock), heated rear seat options on the high end trim packages. If you get a KR the interior is different colored then previous also FWIW. I don't like the new color as much as my old Chapparel color but its nice still.

520-535rwhp tuned and deleted is common so definitely not 100hp over previous models but still a nice jump. Tunes run around $900 from what I've seen depending on who you go with.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
still haven't managed to get over to the dealer yet and see what they'll give me on mine if I return it to 'stock'.

I figure if it's a $10k difference and I can get a 2% loan from the bank I'll probably go for it. Truck only has 46k on it so I'd think they'd give me a good trade.

Just have to see I guess.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I priced a platinum initially, but then saw that awful tailgate so I price a lariat w/ all the same options and the lariat was less $$.

Same was true for the F150 for the fiance' too.

Not sure what Ford is thinking with that tailgate on the KR's and Platinums, but IMHO it's sh1ttious.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I priced a platinum initially, but then saw that awful tailgate so I price a lariat w/ all the same options and the lariat was less $$.

Same was true for the F150 for the fiance' too.

Not sure what Ford is thinking with that tailgate on the KR's and Platinums, but IMHO it's sh1ttious.

That metal panel is not on the KR trucks just the platinums

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Just do it. In the words of my old boss " there are two things in life you will always have, a truck note and a house note" I got rid of my 13 right before the oil drop and regret it. (Went back to our 04 ranch truck)When they release the new body style I will be standing in line. Unless I buy another dodge before then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

morepower02

Reaction score
Always having a loan on a 50-60k item that depreciates like yesterdays news.. No thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.