Considering trading my truck for a new '15

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I trade every 2 years if I make it that long. Dad is every 6 months or less. I have never been upside down on a vehicle. Useuall have 10-15 equity. Last trade I had 23000 in equity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
probly that interest + depreciation has cost you a lot.

Possibly but it's no different than keeping one for 60 months and paying it off. If you stay new you always have a warranty. Right now is the first time I have never had a new truck and it's because I took a chance and landed hard.lol

TheOx

Reaction score
when does the '16 order book become avail?

Per a thread on FT.com, order guides are already out (if you can find them) and production for 2016s start May 25th... Also states that the 2016s will be a carry over of the 2015s... They think the 2017s will be the new style which would be released first quarter 2016.

But who knows for sure......

morepower02

Reaction score
Possibly but it's no different than keeping one for 60 months and paying it off. If you stay new you always have a warranty. Right now is the first time I have never had a new truck and it's because I took a chance and landed hard.lol

Sure you would have a warranty and a payment. After 60 months you have a 5 year old truck without a payment.

morepower02

Reaction score

Sure you would have a warranty and a payment. After 60 months you have a 5 year old truck without a payment. Save the The payment for a while and pay cash after a couple of years.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Sure you would have a warranty and a payment. After 60 months you have a 5 year old truck without a payment. Save the The payment for a while and pay cash after a couple of years.

It all personal preference. I never keep them long enough to pay cash for them.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I found that putting the max amount down , then getting the rebates, then paying off after 91 days is the best way if you buy new. they gave me $1500 rebate for financing, then payed off after 91 days, and it only cost me $500 or so in interest, so I made the best of that. bought from sunrise ford, they drop ship for free and have a HUGE buying volume so their prices are as good as anywhere. I think they're the 2nd biggest superduty seller in cali .

TrickTruck

Reaction score
OK, so from my 12 to a 16 there seems to be

more fuel
more air
bigger brakes
one touch up/dn windows
led headlights
more stuff in the stereo

and all the 'stuff' I've done to my truck will fit right on - except the minimax

gonna cost me about 12-14k, but my pmt goes down by $100/mo due to 2% at the bank.

And probably two long weekend's worth of labor to switch everything over

hmmmm, decisions decisions

morepower02

Reaction score
Ditch the payment and save up. Easy decision. If your current truck is a junky pile that's on it's last leg go for it.

Latest posts

Members online