Considering trading my truck for a new '15

BK39

Reaction score
Bigger brakes? I thought 15 to 16 was going to be a carry over with no changes?

When I bought my 13, the 14s were just hitting the lots. My salesmen told me that was the only difference, slightly larger brakes. The OP is comparing his current 12 to a 16. Example, he was talking about 1 touch windows up and down. The 13s have them. But for him, it'd be an upgrade since his 12 doesn't.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
No they sure don't. My service guy didn't know the 15's had an exhaust brake from the factory, said it was a "special order." LOL

Better off waiting until they hit the lot to check it out for yourself Robin.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
No biggie man I was just curious where you heard the lights were coming from. Because those would be a nice upgrade. I'd really like a bronzefire longbed either platinum or king Ranch

Jomax

Reaction score
They F150s will have led headlights. I wonder why the superdutys wouldnt?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

smcox1

Reaction score
I'm assuming they will finally put some kind of upgraded headlight in the superduty and it will probably be led like the f150's.

TheOx

Reaction score
I would bet that EVERYTHING is the exact same from 2015 to 2016... no need to upgrade anything when 2017s are supposed to be 'completely new'...

Jgon08

Reaction score
They F150s will have led headlights. I wonder why the superdutys wouldnt?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

F150's have also have projectors for years now. I doubt they go to led's if anything I would say projectors but who knows.

DWhite

Reaction score
I also have been considering trading my 11 for a new 15 or a 16. I just haven't talked myself into doing it. So, OP good luck on the decision. I know how tough it is since it is running in my mind as well.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I traded my ccsb 2012 250 with a '15 turbo and all in on a 2015... Lol don't regret it at all. Got a good interest rate and a good deal!

Jassman

Reaction score
I like the 15's..I have one on order and will be here in 2 weeks or so. I didn't want to wait for the 16 or 17..and to be honest not sold on the aluminum and really do not care for the looks of the 150. The spy pic's we see look boxy and I saw some resemblance of the 150. I'm doing a complete list of upgrades to her..so hopefully when the 16 or 17's come out I don't regret my decision...too much. Good Luck.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Totally on the fence here.

Can't get a straight answer from my dealer on trade. They are saying they have to wait until the new truck is actually here before they can give me a price on mine.
But it's looking like it'll cost me $12-15k

Where's that BS flag when you need it?

While I'm totally tempted, I can't really justify trading a perfectly running truck that's all modded for the same darn thing that I then have to mod.

At least most of my stuff would transfer over. But not the minimax or exhaust :(

Then again
Bigger brakes = $6k
Bigger turbo = $5k
More fuel = $2k

BK39

Reaction score
But it's looking like it'll cost me $12-15k
At least most of my stuff would transfer over. But not the minimax or exhaust :(

Then again
Bigger brakes = $6k
Bigger turbo = $5k
More fuel = $2k

I have been kicking around the idea too, but I don't think it's worth the money. I guessed my trade and I am coming up with around 12k difference. Then......I need new tuner, so add another 1-2k. So I am at 14k to upgrade. Why not go spend the 7-8k for new turbo and more fuel.

I have a feeling the trans is going to break after the turbo and fuel. But it looks to me like there are several 15s on this forum that are having trans issues. So I'll have that expense with either truck.

So if you are still on the fence, just keep it and spend a little cash on it to make it run better than a 15.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
My luck if I'd get a 16 then in 17 they will have this new aluminum SuperDuty with fancy headlights and led bed lights and then I'd be pissed. Lol but that's just my luck

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Oh, we know that's coming for sure.
With adaptive cruise, lane keeping, rain sensing wipers, heated steering wheel and more. All the hoo haa's the '15 F150 has are coming to the SD in '17.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.