Construction and Gains of Ported Intake Manifolds

TurboM700

Reaction score
Here they are

Either that is one big A## tube or you have very small hand and TIG touch. How the heck did you weld in the inside.

What about voliecty (sp) stacks in the runners to equally out air flow. Something like this.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...Q-UP36FIPdqgHV04GoBg&ved=0CCYQ9QEwAA&dur=2896

From my understand that simple lip helps equally out air flow on a runner style manifold that you are feeding from one side.

When I get a chance I will design up a quick manifold like MPD with and with out the lip and throw some CFM numbers at it in CAD and see if there is any difference.

I know when I did the manifold for my turbo snowmobile I went thru 4 different manifold types to get one to have equally flow on both cylinders. It made a huge difference on the bottom as far as turbo lag went.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Tube is 4" and that's part of the reason for the bead around the inside kind of a stack type
Modded tig torch taped to a stick

amarillo250

Reaction score
I wonder if the intake from Craig can be made a little lower to fit under the hood and be put on a daily driver and how much it will cost. Just shorten the the runners and maybe flatten the tube, kind like D shaped.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Is there a point where we ask are one of these worth the money? What my 6.0 was it was a no brainer, but for the average joe, I don't think a touch more oomph and a 150ish lower egt's are worth the money. I know it ups the flow to the back cylinders but there are too many high mileage 6.0's out there that that is a real big issue.

I saw the inside of mine, I could have done it myself if I had the courage and had enough sense to get a spare to play with. Not a very difficult concept to grasp.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Depends who you ask really. I know it pains me everyday knowing I dont have a ported intake on my truck yet. I've had the first hand experience with Dougs manifolds, feeling the added throttle response and the fact that the truck just seems to take far less effort to get moving. Its well worth it in my book. But then again, thats just my opinion

cant wait to get a ported intake on my truck.

El chupacabra

Reaction score
How many people have run a sheet metal intake? Would it outflow the ported? I just like the looks of a sheet metal intake.

-Jake-

smokinstroker

Reaction score
With all the time talking about these yall should have just made your own. Mine was done in a weekend.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Well Greg, look at what you have. It would be a big help, I was meaning the pmax or one of mad's small offerings and 155's at most crowd. If anything go find an extra and try it out, especially with epoxy bringing the 2 halves back together, why not.

I'm not bashing the products by any means, they help out tremendously, just don't cut it in the cost vs return for me.

little luke

Reaction score
Guess I'm just going to toss what I have out there due to deer season is going to keep me swamped untill the end of the year. This isnt finished yet
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346602142.378519.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346602223.080026.jpg
I gutted where the egt Sits inside of the intake, I may just remove all of this and rework the front alittle. Here are a few spots that I'm going to address
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346602471.883325.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346602534.784784.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346602599.349859.jpg
The first I believe I will either weld or use epoxy to fill in. The other two I will have to take the time to look and my truck to decide if these spots can be removed and welded. I'm trying to decide how to address the tops of the runners. Thinking I'll try something like the Gogo intake with the bolt down covers. Input, ideas and and critisms all welcome.

Oh incase anybody was wondering, what is done took around 2 hours with a 1/4" electric grinder, a 4.5 inch angle grinder, a Drill, and my girl setting there telling me about her day and questioning every little thing I did. Everything will be tig welded.

Last edited:

305_Excursion

Reaction score
I agree with Snake. I am interested in the intake and don't know what to believe. Seems like Apex is better then the gogo because of the welding. My truck will be in the shop to replace piece of **** Black Onyx gaskets and I may consider getting intake since it needs to be removed. Does anyone know how long Apex takes to ship?

305_Excursion

Reaction score
Nice man...What about the neck piece? I heard from people on here that the soot guys is better because of the work done inside the neck and elbow area. Great job..

Snake

Reaction score
I agree with Snake. I am interested in the intake and don't know what to believe. Seems like Apex is better then the gogo because of the welding. My truck will be in the shop to replace piece of **** Black Onyx gaskets and I may consider getting intake since it needs to be removed. Does anyone know how long Apex takes to ship?

The manifold that's using epoxy is the Soot Powered, not the GoGo (which is 100% epoxy free). Although there are some rumors that in the future the Soot Powered won't have epoxy either.

colo_dually

Reaction score
The manifold that's using epoxy is the Soot Powered, not the GoGo (which is 100% epoxy free). Although there are some rumors that in the future the Soot Powered won't have epoxy either.

I've also come across that about the Soot Powered units.

Now I'm not sure why the sudden change of plans with those manifolds?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

We are a couple weeks out at this point. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout or shoot me a PM. I'll do my best to answer them :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.