Converted from 12v to 7.3 OBS wanna go fast.

estrada5.9

Reaction score
Ok help me out guys, I don't want to feel like I have to swap a 12v into this! Help me get my fast fix!

Rips pretty good now but always want more.

I am looking to be around 600 hp give or take a few.

97 regular cab long bed 4x4 F350.

Fluidampr, GT38R, 3in plentums, 03 intercooler, swamps 250 hybrids 50% nozzles, Aeromotive A1000 with regulated return, TS 6 pos with swamps tunes,Fully built trans with TCS billet triple disc converter billet input. SD manifolds and up pipes. Studs. 4.10 gears. AND a SRP1

My newb 7.3 idea's:

Turbo: S400 (72/83/1.0 T4 or S300 (72/?/?)

Up pipes

Send injectors to get 200% nozzles on them.

910 springs, Smith bros pushrods.

Tunes? Who?

Already clearance the firewall for four downpipe.

I have good fab skills but heard Irate's kit is top notch.

What should I do?

With my little bit of 7.3 knowledge that setup should but me right up to the edge of having to build the lower end, with a good tune.

Thats it nice and simple ha.

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
Devise a plan with your tuner, Swamps in this case. Stick to that advice/plan.

I would a SRP1 to your list.

I know a fella that has a wastegated Irate T4 mount kit for sale :pimp:

estrada5.9

Reaction score
Ok ill give them a call

got a SRP1 already ill add that and yea I know thanks for the help

estrada5.9

Reaction score
Well after talking at least half a dozen members diesel community today I have come up with some conclusions:

- When people have a common interest it is easy to talk.

- A s300 frame does not go well with anything bigger than a 68 comp wheel due to the small thrust bearing. Hence why the 71 wheel is rare to see these days.

- I am going with a s400 framed turbo 72/83/.90 or 1.0 a/r T4 flange

- Swamps is a great company to buy injectors from because going bigger as we all do is inexpensive. Thinking about 350/200% now, may as well. Also 2 year warranty starts over. Didn't know that.

- I will buy a t4 turbo mount from Jake at Irate or find one used.

- edited gripe down a bit (specs sell names don't)

- Everyone seems to have a favorite tuner

- Heard that Pocket (Chris) lives at a higher altitude and does his own tuning. I would like to speak with him sometime.

- Need to look into a scan gauge or auto ingenuity.

- I have a lot to learn and with phone calls I seem to learn at a much higher rate than the internets.

Ok so PSD experts what do you think. I am asking for opinions, gripes, whines, outside insight, experiences etc.

The way I am figuring I need to spend about 2500 to 3000 bucks more and should be where I want. 550-600hp weekend toy.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Well after talking at least half a dozen members diesel community today I have come up with some conclusions:

- When people have a common interest it is easy to talk.

- A s300 frame does not go well with anything bigger than a 68 comp wheel due to the small thrust bearing. Hence why the 71 wheel is rare to see these days.

- I am going with a s400 framed turbo 72/83/.90 or 1.0 a/r T4 flange

- Swamps is a great company to buy injectors from because going bigger as we all do is inexpensive. Thinking about 350/200% now, may as well. Also 2 year warranty starts over. Didn't know that.

- I will buy a t4 turbo mount from Jake at Irate or find one used.

- edited gripe down a bit (specs sell names don't)

- Everyone seems to have a favorite tuner

- Heard that Pocket (Chris) lives at a higher altitude and does his own tuning. I would like to speak with him sometime.

- Need to look into a scan gauge or auto ingenuity.

- I have a lot to learn and with phone calls I seem to learn at a much higher rate than the internets.

Ok so PSD experts what do you think. I am asking for opinions, gripes, whines, outside insight, experiences etc.

The way I am figuring I need to spend about 2500 to 3000 bucks more and should be where I want. 550-600hp weekend toy.

Sounds like you are on the right path with go fast parts. How's the old white b!tch been running anyways?

davey99ps

Reaction score
We have pretty much the same goals. My injectors are gonna hold me back a lil, but I should still get close to 550-600

estrada5.9

Reaction score
Sounds like you are on the right path with go fast parts. How's the old white b!tch been running anyways?

So far so good. No hiccups, no stupid stuff.

Previous owner?

We have pretty much the same goals. My injectors are gonna hold me back a lil, but I should still get close to 550-600

Good deal, teach me what you have learned so far.

estrada5.9

Reaction score
Any bottom end mods? Blockfill, girdle?

Not until it decides to add an extra ccv hole.

Yes I know that its a recipe for disaster and I am expecting it sooner or later. Hopefully good tuning can help prolong things a bit.

Next round will be built bottom end or something with the pistons inline, we'll see.

Latest posts

Members online