Coolant leak help

bpb424

Reaction score
Did my EGR delete this weekend (which was awful) and now I have a coolant leak that I need some help finding. The weird thing is when the truck is idling it doesn't leak. Once I shut the truck off it's a pretty steady drip.
Any ideas?

gman1

Reaction score
Do you have a general area the leak is coming from? That would be more help.

Zmann

Reaction score
Ideas

ya where is the leak area? ?

check the heater bypass valve it has the vac line running into it and two heater hoses I think it's still in the same place on the 6.4

mine did the same thing

Zmann

Reaction score
ps I tried cameras / mirrors / a scope / finally a paper towel and my finger found it .. just a loose clamp lol

bpb424

Reaction score
This prob doesn't help but can't hurt. I can See it dripping just behind the lower radiator hose, but it's not coming from the hose

5619987d.png

165c19a1.png

gman1

Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark but could it be left over coolant that got splashed around on the motor and frame during the delete? I washed mine down with water after I did my delete. The water would eventually dry were as antifreeze will stay for a while and drip.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Maybe it is the upper hose dripping down through there? Mine is wet in the same area

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Lower hose is notorious for leaking just bought an updated 2 oring one today actually.

Also check the hose on the degas bottle as well as the heater hose and plastic tube near the water pump housing

outacntrl

Reaction score
I had the same problem after I did my egr delete. Upper rad. hose didn't leak before but leaked after I put it back together. It wouldn't leak when running but leaked like crazy after shutting it off. 5 dollar o-ring stopped it.

bpb424

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I'm gonna tear into it tonight after work.
I'm Hoping I don't have to drain much of the coolant out.

MINK

Reaction score
Lower hose is notorious for leaking just bought an updated 2 oring one today actually.

Also check the hose on the degas bottle as well as the heater hose and plastic tube near the water pump housing

This was my issue - didnt know they had an updated one though.

twin_turbo

Reaction score
hose

Mine was just leaking the other day so i drained out the coolant and cleaned up the aluminum and inside of the hose. it isnt leaking anymore but i am going to see about getting the updated hose today.

Latest posts

Members online