Coolant leaking from exhaust manifold?

LiftedBlackHD

Reaction score
I seem to have solved my high egt issue but now I have another. When I start my truck cold I can see what appears to be coolant leaking/bubbling out of the drivers side exhaust manifold at the cylinder closest to the front bumper. It only does it for a few minutes until truck is warm and then it stops. There is also a hard line that comes off of that spot on the manifold and runs up towards the engine somewhere. Not sure what that line is.

Truck doesnt smoke white at all. Doesnt puke coolant. I did the rubber glove over the degas cap test and the glove barely filled with a small amount of air, not enough to move the glove. Cleaned the egr valve yesterday, checked it today and it was dry.

The truck is leaking a small amount of coolant at the little blue egr hose.

Is this coolant leaking into exhaust manifold or possibly fuel?

Is this a possible head gasket issue?

LiftedBlackHD

Reaction score
Had some progessionals look at my truck. They found 2 leaks. One, was the heater hose, they just spliced in a T to fix that from rubbing through again. The other was the small hose that goes from the degas to the engine. That was leaking down the block making it look like there was fluid coming from the exhaust manifold.

I still plan to weld the egr shut (smog inspection) and change the oil cooler as a precaution.

Latest posts

Members online