Coolant loss

ohiostroker95

Reaction score
I recently had the coolant flushed in my 6.4 and a mishimoto coolant filter kit installed at the same time. Last week i changed the coolant filter for the first time, i didnt see the valve to stop the coolant from coming out when i put a new filter on it so i lost a lot of coolant changing it. I have refilled the coolant back up, first 2 times i shut it off the coolant in the degas bottle was bubbling (working the air out of the system). Last week or so ill fill it up to the middle of the safe level, under the word Range on the degas bottle, it may be fine for a day or so then itll drop to the bottom of the safe level. So I'll fill it back up then maybe the next day it'll be a little lower. I can't see coolant leaking anywhere. And its not blowing out the lid on the degas bottle. Truck also has ARP headstuds. Anyone have any advice for me? Should i leave it at the bottom of the safe level and see if it gets any lower then that?

Thanks!

6.4f350

Reaction score
It'll take a bit to get all the air out of the system if it leaked down a good bit. Just keep it topped off and eventually it'll work itself out.

If you have some time and want to get it all out in one shot, you'll need to drain all the coolant and then vac fill the system.

Latest posts

Members online