Coolant Pukeing?

Jordan27

Reaction score
Think its either egr cooler or gaskets.... what you guys think?

I had a bad coolant leak well found out it was the water pump got all that fixed added some water back to it from the shop once i got home i noticed there was coolent everywhere under the front fender well so left the cap off overnight so tried driving it again and when i go to take cap off to add alittle more water it starts bubbleing back up and filled up again so i left it there about 30min tried to drive it around the block to see if maybe air bubble still in it then when i got back home it had puked it up again... and was pretty low once i started to take cap off it started hissing and bubbled and filled up again.. went to town for a bit and now the level in it had dropped back off again...filled it back up and havent messed with it since.

Only problem Im having out of it.. anyone had this happen before??

Jordan27

Reaction score
Well got home today and added some distilled water to it.... to get it back to the cold line... took it for a ride around the block got it to operating temperatures got back home was still in the same spot i filled it to. took cap off and it gained a little back when pressure was coming off of it.

?????

BBottoms

Reaction score
If you had the water pump changed and the system open it's probably just an air pocket. I'd drive it a few more days and see if it continues to lose coolant or stabilizes. Make sure not to add too much straight water or you'll throw your mix off.

Jordan27

Reaction score
Well took it to dealership to check it he said egr cooler is blown doesnt think it's heads so ordered egr delete and getting it done tommorow. Really hope this solves my problems I just bought the truck less then a month ago!! And only 120k miles!!

Latest posts

Members online