Coolant temp

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Ok so I haven't gone around to getting my fan clutch replaced yet. Driving today I hear my fan roaring. Iv never heard that before. So that tells me my fan clutch is working. Could there be something else heating me up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I'm bout done with this truck. I can't have a vehicle that doesn't get hot. I want to fix it but funds are tight. Is there an easy was to pull the radiator and maybe I can fix the fins on it? Will plugging in my egr valve make the fan work 100%? I know Iv prolly asked the same question earlier I'm just stressed with this issue.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Oh and one more thing don't know if EGTs play a part but I can hit 1400* with in seconds of wot.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Your radiator is possibly clogged. Can you. Measure the inlet and outlet temp?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Temp gun at both hoses. If there is a huge difference, iirc 20* or more, there is a flow issue

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Well no flow issue. The pressure in the hoses are firm. Both feel the same temp. Don't have a temp gun unfortunately.

Radio

Reaction score
The fact that coolant temp was reading 30 degrees hotter than ambient temp and 20 hotter than oil after sitting over night makes me wonder if the coolant temp sensor isn't reading hot.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
May be. I'm gonna swap that sensor and see. Could me runnin 40s make the coolant hotter than oil?

Radio

Reaction score
No the harder you work the engine the hotter the oil will get. That is why it uses coolant to cool the oil.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Well I'll start with the small fixes first and go from there before I spend a lot on something else

Latest posts

Members online