Coolant temps too high?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Been doing this since 09, I'd hope that qualifies me as a 'tech' lol

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
Same here. No one from my neck of the woods is on here, so advice is hard to find. I'm putting a oil cooler and a t Stat in this weekend, also I bit the bullet last night and got some warren 175/30 inj. I want to put a 6.4 lpfp on my truck to help the 6.0 pump with the volume issues. Going to be a long weekend with the mod list I have.

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
Wanted to update this. Got the oil cooler out of the truck Saturday and cut it open with a band saw. Definantly what my issue was. I swapped out t stat for a new one and switched over to red elc. Putting the coolant filter on the truck today. But my deltas are easily 15 to 20 degrees cooler today and it's hotter than Satan outside right now. Thanks for the help.
I still want to replace the fan clutch but da** that thing ain't cheap. Got a lightly used one at work, but I'm scared to use it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My truck doesn't even have a fan and runs under 190 on the highway.... takes forever to get to 200 if stuck in traffic.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Well I guess there is something wrong then. Going to put an oil cooler and T Stat in when I have time this weekend. Going to swap to ultra elc also, also how do you run under 190 with no fan?:confused:

i dont know, i hope hes running a tstat

The fan doesnt do shti unless the truck is parked, backing, or stuck in traffic. If you are doing 20mph that exceeds what the fan can provide ever.

I dont know a darn thing about the 6l fan clutch but whether a 7.3 or a brand new 6.7, we all drive through the same air. If its humid the water pump and radiator work better than the fan.

Apples to oranges it has to be above 90 and pulling something heavy for me to get my fan to lock up on my 7.3. And when it does its for 20 seconds max and then it slings all the oil out of the clutch and the fan goes back to freewheeling.

Good luck op

Constructionworker

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack but just wondering what would cause temps to redline the factory gage and show 230 ECT and 240 EOT after hitting a slight incline for 30 seconds towing 10k?

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
Low coolant, fan not engaging, water pump shot, oil cooler clogged. Could be a number of things. I would pull codes on the truck and see if you have any soft codes.

Latest posts

Members online