Coolant

jschildm

Reaction score
I am curious what coolant and additives, if any, you guys are using in your OBS's. I have done some reading on the subject, but wanted to get current opinions.

Thanks.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i would be willing to bet most people just run a good elc coolant, international filled them with the green stuff from the factory, which is also fine as long as you check it from time to time, if you are changing your coolant and want to go to an elc,(red) you will have to flush the system, or it will turn into jello. long story short i wouldnt run anything, if your conserned with the quality of your coolant get the test strips from the parts store and check the freeze protection with a refractometer

old man dave

Reaction score
I just use low silicate green stuff with additive. There is some question about compatibility with the ELC and OBS engines.

PSDEng

Reaction score
I just use low silicate green stuff with additive. There is some question about compatibility with the ELC and OBS engines.

I've heard the same thing. I've been running the Fleet Guard red ELC in my truck for about a year and a half now. I was working on my truck last winter and my buddy seemed shocked that I had red coolant in it, which got me a bit worried. He gave his co-worker a call (who supposedly has been through tons of International training), and said as long as it's phosphate free (or maybe it was silicone free) that I should be ok. I remember the fleet guard bottle stating that, so I just figured I was alright.

Latest posts

Members online