core support bushing picture??

zilla68

Reaction score
anyone have a picture of how these things go back together? just want to make sure i'm putting it all together right.

using factory ford bushings.

brad or anyone have pictures up close of them installed perhaps?

Baker42

Reaction score
Just replaced my rad support. Oval slotted washer up top. Bolt goes up through bottom bushing and threads into large bushing. Large bushing is a hexagon and faces down to frame 'hexagon'. Large fender washer on top of upper bushing between rad support. Lastly small fender washer on top of slotted washer inside rad support followed by lock washer. LMC has an exploded view I believe. The ride is night and day.

zilla68

Reaction score
Just replaced my rad support. Oval slotted washer up top. Bolt goes up through bottom bushing and threads into large bushing. Large bushing is a hexagon and faces down to frame 'hexagon'. Large fender washer on top of upper bushing between rad support. Lastly small fender washer on top of slotted washer inside rad support followed by lock washer. LMC has an exploded view I believe. The ride is night and day.

I saw that exploded view, I ordered a couple items from there the other day.
I just doesn't look like the way I took it apart, so I was confused.
The head broke off both bolts that held the core support on, so that started the whole mess.

On the very bottom bushing where the bolt goes thru on the bottom, is it just the bushing? or is there a metal plate then the bushing? I got the ford replacement parts, but I think I accidentally threw away the OG ones, thinking the new ones would come complete.

Baker42

Reaction score
The bottom is just the bushing (steel incorporated, small bushing. Threads through large tapped bushing. BTW the LMC and Ford bushings are EXACTLY the same part made in the same plant, IE- the same-Thailand. Thank you Clinton.......s

Latest posts

Members online