cowl induction hood opinions

mac2720

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this but I am looking for opinions on a cowl induction hood. I've got a white 03 crew cab short bed f350. It's got 10 inches of lift on 38s, appearence upgrades here and there. I am thinking about trading my stock hood for a 2" cowl induction that is already white off of another superduty.

I have always liked cowl induction hoods on certain vehicles but I have mixed feelings about how it would look on my truck. Yes why not trade a stock hood for a cowl hood if its offered, but I don't want to do it unless it will look good with the flow of the truck. I attached a picture of my truck from a couple months back. It has since got 2" shackles in the front to level it out, 18 x 12 black fuel hostages, 05 harley headlights and now has black n fab running boards. I would just like some opinions on cowl induction hoods on these trucks and if you think it would look good on mine in particular.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 388529_10151611468962176_1396580584_n.jpg
    388529_10151611468962176_1396580584_n.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 90

Tonka350

Reaction score

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Hey chad, I've been debating for awhile on going through Handmaker for the cowl hood foe awhile now. Just afraid to pull the trigger and not like it. But it's a awesome looking hood. Question though, did it have a functional dam to collect the air to the filter?

mac2720

Reaction score
Your truck is so damn gorgeous

Cervini 3", fiberglass

Atruckpic_zpsae1fe934.jpg

DSCF0290.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

Your truck looks awesome with that hood! Thats a very clean truck!

The one that I am looking at getting is a 2" Reflexxion cowl hood and I believe it is steel, not fiberglass. (Not positive)

ALSO noticed the one picture with the 08+ mirrors and they look great! Glad you posted that too! I am also debating trading my stock black 03 mirrors for a set of 08+ mirrors with the white top from the same guy!

Last edited:

Tonka350

Reaction score
Hey chad, I've been debating for awhile on going through Handmaker for the cowl hood foe awhile now. Just afraid to pull the trigger and not like it. But it's a awesome looking hood. Question though, did it have a functional dam to collect the air to the filter?

hey bud the quality of the hood was PHENOMENAL!!! I loved the quality, the service, the people were absolutely wonderful to deal with! the hood was a direct fit, no issues whatsoever, however there was no box to connect it to the filter, it was not a big deal though, I would DEFINITELY buy another one once I get another 99-07 superduty, but I don't like the look of the hood with the 08 body style unfortunately.

Chad

02BigD

Reaction score
Your truck is so damn gorgeous

Thank you sir :toast:

Your truck looks awesome with that hood! Thats a very clean truck!

The one that I am looking at getting is a 2" Reflexxion cowl hood and I believe it is steel, not fiberglass. (Not positive)

ALSO noticed the one picture with the 08+ mirrors and they look great! Glad you posted that too! I am also debating trading my stock black 03 mirrors for a set of 08+ mirrors with the white top from the same guy!

Thank you too! The 08 mirrors are my favorite mod from a practicality standpoint (ok maybe tied with amp steps). I would jump all over those mirrors.

powerstroke95

Reaction score
No real complaints. Fit just like stock. My only complaint, it may have been complete coincidence since the truck is 12 years old, but my shocks will barely keep the hood up. Im sure new shocks would fix that.

mac2720

Reaction score
No real complaints. Fit just like stock. My only complaint, it may have been complete coincidence since the truck is 12 years old, but my shocks will barely keep the hood up. Im sure new shocks would fix that.

Yeah that would be one question I would have is how heavy it is since its made of steel. I would think its a good bit heavier than the stock hood.

mac2720

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the replies! I think I am going to go get it this weekend!

Latest posts

Members online