CP3

lubeowner

Reaction score
with the K31 kit you have to run a custom pipe from what i understand, its different than a standard twin pipe

That was one of the concerns I had when I first built the cp3 setup on Joe's truck was the clearance issue with the cold pipe and the cp3 pump pulley. I also didn't like how close the third belt was to the fan.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That was one of the concerns I had when I first built the cp3 setup on Joe's truck was the clearance issue with the cold pipe and the cp3 pump pulley. I also didn't like how close the third belt was to the fan.

Honestly when i worked on shones truck i didnt even look at that but im sure its close to the fan, my truck dont have a fan so i got lots of room, like i said what applies to my truck wont apply to most, my truck engine bay is pretty stripped

White_monster

Reaction score
I had to clearance a few pieces but nothing major. Looks pretty factory if you make nice cuts and clean them up after. I think the twin k16 kit or the cp3 kit are gonna produce a great end result. I think the twin k16 might push more fuel for now till the co: kit is dialed in. I preferred the twin k16 kit cause I wanted stock pumps, yes one is in reverse rotation, but it's stock. Also no third fuel rail to locate, amoung other things. also once do the max powers I'll be relocating the battery on the passenger side. More room for the intake. Again both kits work.

StockCar#10

Reaction score
I had to clearance a few pieces but nothing major. Looks pretty factory if you make nice cuts and clean them up after. I think the twin k16 kit or the cp3 kit are gonna produce a great end result. I think the twin k16 might push more fuel for now till the co: kit is dialed in. I preferred the twin k16 kit cause I wanted stock pumps, yes one is in reverse rotation, but it's stock. Also no third fuel rail to locate, amoung other things. also once do the max powers I'll be relocating the battery on the passenger side. More room for the intake. Again both kits work.

mind posting some pics of yours all assembled

lubeowner

Reaction score
Joe how much was your setup? Ball park!?

I will never say one setup is better then another as long as it does what it is supposed to do. Rail pressure = Desired. So whatever you put on your truck and you get these results then it is a perfectly working system. It doesn't matter how you do it, with Empire's cp3 kit or with a twin vdo setup from Elite or Rudy.

Joe paid about $4,000 to have his installed on his truck. That was a drop off and pick up done. Joe also went with a new remaned CP3 pump so it could be done cheaper with a used pump. Joe did already had an Airdog on is truck so that didn't have to be installed.

There is about $1,500 in parts to install the CP3 setup on Joe's truck not including the cp3 pump and the stock ford pump he replaced.

Also: I do not sell the cp3 setups. I did this one as a favor to Joe for hooking us up with Mike at Kem to tune The American Ride. If you wanted a CP3 setup on your truck I would recommend getting a hold of the guys at KEM Racing.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I will never say one setup is better then another as long as it does what it is supposed to do. Rail pressure = Desired. So whatever you put on your truck and you get these results then it is a perfectly working system. It doesn't matter how you do it, with Empire's cp3 kit or with a twin vdo setup from Elite or Rudy.

Joe paid about $4,000 to have his installed on his truck. That was a drop off and pick up done. Joe also went with a new remaned CP3 pump so it could be done cheaper with a used pump. Joe did already had an Airdog on is truck so that didn't have to be installed.

There is about $1,500 in parts to install the CP3 setup on Joe's truck not including the cp3 pump and the stock ford pump he replaced.

Also: I do not sell the cp3 setups. I did this one as a favor to Joe for hooking us up with Mike at Kem to tune The American Ride. If you wanted a CP3 setup on your truck I would recommend getting a hold of the guys at KEM Racing.

Way to dodge that monster LOL so mike is selling your kit?

White_monster

Reaction score
Heres a photo of the twin k16 kit minus the cold side pipe. It's not the best, I'll get more next week. Pardon the dirty truck and crappy pic, pics from my phone.

Passengerside.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Well I don't have a "kit". I have built a few cp3 setups for some close friends and a couple of friend's of friends. I think KEM is nearing the final stages of having their kit ready for sale.

Fair enough

We should probably air this out now before it turns into 6 months ago

If kem wants to promote the cp3 thats fine, and if its yours, thats fine i dont care, if you want to answer questions about it thats fine too, but just dont pimp the chit out of it, thats mikes job, thats why he pays for a sponsorship, if you want to pimp it, pay up, pretty simple, I hate to do it but we need to communicate this before it blows up

Thant being said i like the cp3 set ups, tadds set up is nice too, just glad we are finally getting some options on ways to make power and have fuel

And like JJ said, doesnt matter how you maintain rail pressure, just as long as you do it thats all that matters.

now you guys need to push mike to be able to drive 200 nozzles smoke free

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Fair enough

We should probably air this out now before it turns into 6 months ago

If kem wants to promote the cp3 thats fine, and if its yours, thats fine i dont care, if you want to answer questions about it thats fine too, but just dont pimp the chit out of it, thats mikes job, thats why he pays for a sponsorship, if you want to pimp it, pay up, pretty simple, I hate to do it but we need to communicate this before it blows up

Thant being said i like the cp3 set ups, tadds set up is nice too, just glad we are finally getting some options on ways to make power and have fuel

And like JJ said, doesnt matter how you maintain rail pressure, just as long as you do it thats all that matters.

now you guys need to push mike to be able to drive 200 nozzles smoke free

When that day comes, I will be looking into this for sure!

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Is nobody offering stroked Seimen's pumps to the public as of yet? Or dual Seimens kits?

Seems like a stroker would be the simplest.

Both would need a controller of sum sort to operate properly. A controller means NOT of the sort of an On/Off toggle swicth based controller. Longevity of a pumps life can not just be turned on and off.

We went with the CP3 for a couple different reasons. Ease of install and removal along with fuel delivery that can be created from a modified CP3 which is a much larger volume then of the Seimens pump. Our CP3 Kit will have the ability to run all by itself in a single stage format if one would desire. Our Level 3 modded CP3 flows as much as two stock LLY pumps. Which is enough Fuel to support 800hp with a 60% over injector in a Duramax.

As for which pumps are needed in the kit. Please contact us before purchasing a pump. For that there is a couple key things between the the different series of pumps that at this point that many do not know about.

Our kit is very close to release but we feel that testing for more then a couple weeks in different setups/enviroments/etc. is a must for the end consumer for trouble free performance upgrades.

Un-like some It has taken a little longer then anticipated but we have more then just one project coming down the pipe and we have learned from the past its better to keep things off the radar as long as possible to prevent imitations from surfacing to the glory seakers the diesel community is getting flooded with as of latley.

Hope you can understand our reasons for not posting all the details on this kit at this time.

Charles

Reaction score
Both would need a controller of sum sort to operate properly. A controller means NOT of the sort of an On/Off toggle swicth based controller. Longevity of a pumps life can not just be turned on and off.

We went with the CP3 for a couple different reasons. Ease of install and removal along with fuel delivery that can be created from a modified CP3 which is a much larger volume then of the Seimens pump. Our CP3 Kit will have the ability to run all by itself in a single stage format if one would desire. Our Level 3 modded CP3 flows as much as two stock LLY pumps. Which is enough Fuel to support 800hp with a 60% over injector in a Duramax.

As for which pumps are needed in the kit. Please contact us before purchasing a pump. For that there is a couple key things between the the different series of pumps that at this point that many do not know about.

Our kit is very close to release but we feel that testing for more then a couple weeks in different setups/enviroments/etc. is a must for the end consumer for trouble free performance upgrades.

Un-like some It has taken a little longer then anticipated but we have more then just one project coming down the pipe and we have learned from the past its better to keep things off the radar as long as possible to prevent imitations from surfacing to the glory seakers the diesel community is getting flooded with as of latley.

Hope you can understand our reasons for not posting all the details on this kit at this time.

I find it hilarious that the multi-billion Kb file size and processor speed/complexity of the new electronics apparently cannot even be coerced into simply controlling larger than stock pump outflow.

EEC-IV FTW...

LOL

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It was in reference to having two pumps in a conjunction setup.

Latest posts

Members online