CP3

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
You would think a stock cp3 in conjunction with the stock 6.4 would support just about any injector combo a person wanted. That's a lot of fuel, if you did upgrade the cp3, you wouldn't need one of the real heavy modded ones. I noticed Buddy said that some lb7 pumps might not be the best option, I wonder if the lb7 was modded if that would make it a better candidate? Hopefully the Empire guys make it over here and share some more information, I am really excited about this.

I'm running a stock CP3 and stock Ford pump. I maintain FRP no problem with 110 HP injectors. The American Ride is the same way, maintains pressure with much larger injectors than I. In my opinion Empire Diesel is a few steps behind Jeremy and Mike @ Kem performance. I think the results speak for them selves.

Matt

Reaction score
Which cp3 are you running Joe? And if you know, what about the American Ride? I didn't think an lbz flowed that much more than the lb7, that's quite the difference.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm running a stock CP3 and stock Ford pump. I maintain FRP no problem with 110 HP injectors. The American Ride is the same way, maintains pressure with much larger injectors than I. In my opinion Empire Diesel is a few steps behind Jeremy and Mike @ Kem performance. I think the results speak for them selves.

how do you figure?

My pump works just fine

Charles

Reaction score
Why would a person go to such lengths to switch pump manufacturers?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
We are running stock Siemens pumps, along with a bosch CP3 belt driven, the reason is cost mostly

Charles

Reaction score
Is nobody offering stroked Seimen's pumps to the public as of yet? Or dual Seimens kits?

Seems like a stroker would be the simplest.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Is nobody offering stroked Seimen's pumps to the public as of yet? Or dual Seimens kits?

Seems like a stroker would be the simplest.

Industrial has one, thats pretty nasty, quiet a few people have run them with good luck, cab has to come off for it though, well i shouldnt say has to, this is also an option for even more fuel than what a stroked pump will put out

Charles

Reaction score
Industrial has one, thats pretty nasty, quiet a few people have run them with good luck, cab has to come off for it though, well i shouldnt say has to, this is also an option for even more fuel than what a stroked pump will put out

Ahhh.... keep forgetting y'all are rear drive M'fers. Makes sense why you would want to leave the stock pump alone now. Keep the modified sh*t out where you can get to it easy.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That was my exact thought when i went with it, industrials pump was just a rumor at the time too, so far its been reliable, but i feel alot better about a stock pump, not running 100% all the time being reliable, and splitting the load with the belt driven pump. Seams to work well no doubt, plus you have to mod a stock ford pump to run on the belt drive

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Dustin do u have any pics of ur setup, im curious to see the differences between the K16 kit and the CP3 kit. My main concern is the clearence on the intercooler pipe.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
mine clears by a ton because its mounted different, but i know what the general population will use is going to be different

CAT35niner

Reaction score
ok thanks ill have to look into it. i no Shane went with the k16 kit and had some clearence problems.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah shones truck was a mofo to get the cold pipe on, litterally a credit card is what we used to check the clearance

CAT35niner

Reaction score
wow thats really close. which intercooler pipe was he running, custom? I want to run my DD but idk if it will clear.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
with the K31 kit you have to run a custom pipe from what i understand, its different than a standard twin pipe

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Thank you again. im glad i found this out now and not when i go to install a kit like that.

Latest posts

Members online