cp4 changes

Black AOD

Reaction score
Ive seen approximately the same amount of failures. Granted 80% of my failures have been customer induced. Either gas or def.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Wow, so I'm not the only who sees a lot of people doing that too, OK...lol

I can't believe the morons that put DEF in the diesel tank

Spindrift

Reaction score
I know old thread so excuse me if it's mentioned elsewhere. Just heard that Cummins is recalling their Cp4 pumps. Any possibility that Ford will follow?

6.7Bison

Reaction score
Not likely. The Cummins was previously using the CP3 in the same design before switching to the CP4. Makes it easier to switch back to the CP3 as there is already room for it. The 6.7L Powerstroke was designed with the CP4 from the get-go. As I understand it there is no room for a CP3 and probably no room for the Denso HP4. That's why you only see disaster prevention kits as a fix rather than a different style pump.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yes, dodge/ram/fca whatever the **** their called will either change your pump or if you already paid for the repair reimburse you.

You won't see a dime from GM or Ford...

All the oe's had a choice of how they wanted the internals of the cp4 outfitted. They all chose the cheapest route.

It did nothing but line my pockets once again so I ain't mad.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I just wish I could put the DPK on without worrying about getting screwed on warranty. 100k miles is gonna be 5 years for me... that's a long time for that CP4 to hold together, lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I just wish I could put the DPK on without worrying about getting screwed on warranty. 100k miles is gonna be 5 years for me... that's a long time for that CP4 to hold together, lol

Fill up at reputable stations and use a good additive that adds lubrication. Should be good to go. Water in the fuel is also bad for the pump.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score

Don't let your tank go below 1/4 is number 1.

Change your fuel filters not as often as you want to... Everytime you change fuel filters you introduce air...

Don't worry, they are filtering just fine..

Keep that water in fuel drain active. Drain it every other month in summer and every 3 weeks in winter.

Are you in a freeze state?

ToMang07

Reaction score
Don't let your tank go below 1/4 is number 1.

Change your fuel filters not as often as you want to... Everytime you change fuel filters you introduce air...

Don't worry, they are filtering just fine..

Keep that water in fuel drain active. Drain it every other month in summer and every 3 weeks in winter.

Are you in a freeze state?
Oh yeah... western Maine, lol

And it's a 48 gallon tank. I'm trying like hell not to let it go below 3/4 tank, lmfao

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.