Cracked blocks

mike@haller's

Reaction score
That may be a while, and I think CGI would be the balls. 2010+ maxxforce 7 block, could that work?

maxxforce 7s have different blocks and wont interchange. Here is a 2010 block, the casting is different in the center and there would be no where to mount your turbo pedestal. unless you made a bunch of custom pieces for it.
ajy8ejag.jpg

Last edited:

BOSS450

Reaction score
maxxforce 7s have different blocks and wont interchange. Here is a 2010 block, the casting is different in the center and there would be no where to mount your turbo pedestal. unless you made a bunch of custom pieces for it.
ajy8ejag.jpg

Say someone would simply remote mount turbo would the internals match

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Mike that one that cracked in the lifter galley - did you ever come up with a reason why?

Not a definate reason.

Say someone would simply remote mount turbo would the internals match

The internals are the same. The oiling system is another hurdle. Maxxforce 7s use a big oil cooler with a front sump oil pan and a standard spin on oil filter. so you would need a custom setup for that as well to fit it in a truck.

78f100

Reaction score
I wanted to use a max force short block also on my build. I talked to Mr Haller about it at the time he wasn't sure if it would work. He spoke with a engineer at IH that said the crank had a different flange or something so it wouldn't work. It would be great if even the block would work, it says the cgi block is 20% stronger also

What changes were made to the 2010 maxx force block vs earlier ones?

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
has anyone seen this on 6.4's on 2010 trucks? or is it all 08's

mike@haller's

Reaction score
They seem to crack after the second or third time being torqued. The block we cracked had the original A1studs in for 35k miles torqued at 190 ft lbs. Motor was pulled for new pistons. Same studs were reused but new spec called for 210ft lbs. Motor went 50 miles and coolant was leaking out of threads on one stud. Job was redone this time sealing threads with liquid teflon. Went approximately another 50 miles before crack spread to the lifter galley, flooding engine in coolant. The crack runs horizontally front to back 4 threads from the bottom of the hole. Almost like the block pulled apart with the torque. The stud with the issue was on the right hand side second stud from the back, top row. Right where the casting is the thinnest. Truck now has a new block with studs torqued back at 190 and so far isnt leaking.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I wanted to use a max force short block also on my build. I talked to Mr Haller about it at the time he wasn't sure if it would work. He spoke with a engineer at IH that said the crank had a different flange or something so it wouldn't work. It would be great if even the block would work, it says the cgi block is 20% stronger also

What changes were made to the 2010 maxx force block vs earlier ones?

The cranks are different as well. Other than rods and pistons and some valve train. They really are two totally different engines. Here is the differences in the crank.
uploadfromtaptalk1369845963016.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
They seem to crack after the second or third time being torqued. The block we cracked had the original A1studs in for 35k miles torqued at 190 ft lbs. Motor was pulled for new pistons. Same studs were reused but new spec called for 210ft lbs. Motor went 50 miles and coolant was leaking out of threads on one stud. Job was redone this time sealing threads with liquid teflon. Went approximately another 50 miles before crack spread to the lifter galley, flooding engine in coolant. The crack runs horizontally front to back 4 threads from the bottom of the hole. Almost like the block pulled apart with the torque. The stud with the issue was on the right hand side second stud from the back, top row. Right where the casting is the thinnest. Truck now has a new block with studs torqued back at 190 and so far isnt leaking.

good info.

Latest posts

Members online