Cracked Piston thread

Cknox121

Reaction score
nah that cylinder looks like it was run really hot, looked like coked up soot on there, like ash

That whole side of the motor was run hot then. FWIW I was running H&S hd300 before I yoked the cab.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroked777

Reaction score
It was just one side? That definitely looks like ash from soot. That had to get really hot probably causing the piston to crack. I wonder what mine look like. I maxed out my egt reading during a pull one evening LOL I don't have excessive blow by though

Cknox121

Reaction score
It was just one side? That definitely looks like ash from soot. That had to get really hot probably causing the piston to crack. I wonder what mine look like. I maxed out my egt reading during a pull one evening LOL I don't have excessive blow by though

Yes. Other side had gotten hot to. But when I popped the head off the cylinders filled with coolant and washed some of the ash off.

I didn't have excessive blow by either. Truck was running great other then a blowed bellow. Wasn't until after I popped the head off that I noticed the crack. It won't be long my friend.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Autoguns

Reaction score
Here is mine from cyl 7,I haven't seen one cracking down low like this yet. It must have just started. Lower right side of piston.

2013-01-09_20-30-30_328_zpscb1e2279.jpg

I know this is an old thread but this looks a lot line #7 in mine... Haven't took it apart yet but the bore scope should a lot of the same look . Only worse

Latest posts

Members online