Crank Case vent Q's

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Where is everyone running their crank case ventilation and is it really worth it? I'm running mine straight down under the passenger floor boards. And helpful tips as to where else I can run this so I don't get funny looks sitting at a stop light or the track for that matter lol? Thanks guys!

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Not to start anything, but a guy locally with a 6.0 had been running the re-route and developed a leak either in the rear main or bedplate. He put the CCV system back to stock and the leak went away completely...

I personally think the system needs that negative pressure to keep everything happy, especially on a tuned truck...

faster7581

Reaction score
i ran mine down under the pass side into a moroso catch can

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 147

nickg3130

Reaction score
Not to start anything, but a guy locally with a 6.0 had been running the re-route and developed a leak either in the rear main or bedplate. He put the CCV system back to stock and the leak went away completely...

I personally think the system needs that negative pressure to keep everything happy, especially on a tuned truck...

That's funny, bc mine started to leak right about when I did the mod as well. But I've seen how bad the build up can get in the intake so I'd rather have it sweat some horsepower than choke itself.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
I have no proof, nor am I saying that that would in fact cause a leak, but it does make sense when you think about it...The crank case is no longer under a slight vacuum from the CCV in the intake system so there could be more positive pressure on the seals.

Well you can make or buy a pretty simple filter setup to catch any oil mist that might be present...or, you can plumb it into the exhaust with a venturi style system similar to this:

http://vibrantperformance.com/catal...5c6bcf1&products_id=1243&cPath=1022_1035_1069

This is the route I would go if emissions testing didn't specifically look for the CCV hookup.

fnlyfree

Reaction score
I've been running a Darkhorse Diesel ccv, into the exhaust, for several months. No issues so far and no oil mist in the charge air system.

Powerstroke 6.4

Reaction score
Heres how I did mine with a Parker CCV filter have had no problems with it at all check the filter every other oil change and i have never had more then about 1/2 oz of oil in it

Attachments

• 6.4 ccv mod.jpg
    6.4 ccv mod.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 6.4 ccv frame.jpg
    6.4 ccv frame.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 6.4 ccv filter.jpg
    6.4 ccv filter.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 126

Latest posts

Members online