Crank no start after starter change

Pstroke96

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago my truck started cranking slow. Checked everything out found I had a bad alternator. Changed it out. Everything was fine till now. It started cranking really slow again so knowing the alternator was new and the batteries tested good about a month ago I went and replaced the starter. I put the starter in clean up all the connections and it doesn't start. It was cranking a little slow but it started earlier this morning. I have a wts light. The cel is on while cranking but goes out. Where should I go next.
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bugman

Reaction score
You also might want to check the oil level in the high pressure oil pump, it should be within 1/2" of the top.

Bugman

Reaction score
Even if the crankcase if full if you have done some extended cranking to try and start the truck you can drain the HPOP.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
After it sat on the charger for a. While it started right up. Guess I just drained the batteries trying to get I going on the old starter. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bugman

Reaction score
People are always surprised at just how much battery power these trucks take to start. Glad that was all it was. You might want to put the charger on the batteries tonight and let it run all night just to get them up to where they should be. Just driving isn't the best way to charge a battery.

Latest posts

Members online