crankcase vent into exhaust

fordman2121

Reaction score
Ive thought of this myself. Just never felt the "need" to do it. Its no different then a blow through carb. You just have to create an area of low pressure. Ever blow over the top of a straw? If done right it will pull the liquid up, same principle.

CobraChris

Reaction score
Ive thought of this myself. Just never felt the "need" to do it. Its no different then a blow through carb. You just have to create an area of low pressure. Ever blow over the top of a straw? If done right it will pull the liquid up, same principle.

Agreed. It does not matter how much back pressure you have, the system works on a venturi effect. It does not matter if you have 150psi of backpressure, as long as there is a venturi effect going on, it will create negative pressure in the crank case.

B585Ford

Reaction score
That's what I'm getting at. The exhaust flowing thru the exhaust creates the vacuum and by welding a bung in the ehxuast you haven't created a new path for the exhuast to flow. The exhaust still flows from down pipe to tail pipe at a pretty rapid pace so I would think it should work fine but like I said I'm gunna research some things before I say yes or no

Looking forward to results.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I guess I'm retarded here.. it usually gets dumped into the intake no? So.... Why would it be an issue in the exhaust? You have x amount of air going from point A( air filter ) past the vent tube to point B ( the intake valve)

Point A being the exhaust valve past the vent tube to point B being the exhaust tip. In my mind its the same? It's not like there is more air moving on the exhaust side, its the same amount of air on the intake side

sent while trying not to blow PMRs

ColtonP

Reaction score
I guess I'm retarded here.. it usually gets dumped into the intake no? So.... Why would it be an issue in the exhaust? You have x amount of air going from point A( air filter ) past the vent tube to point B ( the intake valve)

Point A being the exhaust valve past the vent tube to point B being the exhaust tip. In my mind its the same? It's not like there is more air moving on the exhaust side, its the same amount of air on the intake side

Wouldn't exhaust flow faster? Intake is cold air, exhaust is hot so it takes up more space. And the exhaust is also carrying the mass of the burnt fuel.

Am I over thinking it?

78f100

Reaction score
I know a guy who has a regular air blower just like we all have, except he added a t on the end and a hose off the t. He uses it as a spray gun to paint equipment and it works pretty good, keeps him from ruining his good spray guns. It should be no different on our trucks, the air hose has upwards of 100psi on it but the flow of air passing the hole in the t makes enough vacuum to suck paint up the hose. In my thinking it will work fine, aren't there several kits for the 6.4 already out there?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with pressure and everything to do with venturi effect. Same principle turbos cars use with blow thru carbs.

The air passing by the orifice creates a vacuum sucking out crankcase pressures.

So that being said , there is no more venturi in exhaust than in the intake then no?

TurboM700

Reaction score
By putting the pipe in the exhaust you are creating the ventrui. That is why the angle that the small pipe meets up with the big pipe matters. Play like jegs and summit sell large check valves so exhaust pressure cant be pushed back into the motor encase something/one would block of the exhaust.

headerbreather.jpg

littleredstroker

Reaction score
My point is this. Stock they are vented straight into the intake , so why can't it be in the exhaust? I'm not arguing the venturi, I understand And agree with what you are saying, but if they did it from the factory to the intake, why wouldn't it work in the exhaust? You still have the same amount of air blowing by

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.