Crown Brake Extended Brake Lines

Tom S

Reaction score
I got my extended brake lines in from Cary at CT Performance. I decided to get them installed today to prepare for the PMF RSK and Dana 60 swap that is coming up. I thought I would share my thoughts on them and a few photos.

Overall they seem to be a quality piece that was followed the factory form fairly well. Here is what the stock line looked like on the passenger side.

Here is the longer replacement one which looks long here as the truck is still at stock height.

The main difference on this side was that the factory hose had a D shaped end where it meets the bracket and the Crown one is round so it does not retain the no spin in the bracket feature. All it all it mounted right up without any snags.

Tom S

Reaction score
On the drivers side the D shaped feature was missing but once again it bolted right up.

One important feature that I thought was better on the Crown vs Skyjacker was the TEE.

SKYJACKER
100_2708.jpg

SKYJACKER
100_2720.jpg

CROWN

I also think that the Crown lines with a short section of hardline at the caliper like the factory is the better system to get the brake line pointed the right direction

SKYJACKER
100_2719.jpg

CROWN

Tom S

Reaction score
The rear brake line was included in the kit. It has some of the factory features but not all. It did not include the hex shaped end at the frame to prevent the line from turning it did not have a strain relief at the axle end of the hose and it did not have the clips to attach the VSS harness. It bolted up just fine though. Some wireties easily replaced the clips.

All in all I am happy with them and I am glad I went this route over Skyjacker. Thank you Cary!

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
One of these days if I get a ton of time I will try and recreate all those photos. Webshots screwed all of us over when the change to private albums.

Tom S

Reaction score
I found a few photos I can do as an attachment.

Attachments

• DSC01695.jpg
    DSC01695.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • DSC01696.jpg
    DSC01696.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • DSC01697.jpg
    DSC01697.jpg
    980.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC01698.jpg
    DSC01698.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41

Shovel

Reaction score
Thanks for the visuals guys. I now see what all the hype is about. Wouldn't happen to have a part# would ya?

Latest posts

Members online