Cruise control issue

cmann250

Reaction score
I'm trying to track down my no cruise control issue. The truck is an '02 4x4 6 speed with 4 wheel ABS. The cruise has not worked since I've owned it, which is several months.

Inputs to your cruise control are
Brake Pedal Position Switch
Clutch Pedal Position Switch(CPP)
Brake PRESSURE switch
Clock spring to coast button has120 ohm resistor
Clock spring to set/accel button has 680 ohm resistor
Clock spring to Resume button has 2200 ohm resistor
Also takes input from VSS signal (ABS module)
The ABS module gets input from the Differential Speed Sensor
There is a 5 amp fuse at position 15 fro brake pedal
There is a 10 amp fuse at position 19 for CPP
There is a PCM power relay that feeds into the Brake Pressure Sensor(battery junction box)

The BPP and CPP switches appear good and the pedals aren't sloppy. The BPS has had the recall done, so I think it's good. The horn works and the buttons on the wheel light up, so the clock spring should be good. I read that the 3rd brake light could be an issue and mine is out. Fuses are good. Differential speed sensor is new. Also I have an ABS light on, but it came along after I found the no cruise issue. I have never seen the cruise control light on the dash.

What am I missing here? One strange thing is when the On and Resume buttons are pressed, the horn blows.

I had a Dodge before and I feel clueless with out an FSM on an issue like this. If there an equivalent for Fords?

Thanks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
you have some chit shorted out in the connections.. guessing the clock springs no longer works and is shorting/grounding out...

live life full throttle

cmann250

Reaction score
I never made the connection, but I have some whining/plastic scraping sounds coming from the wheel when turning. Makes alt of sense now.

Thank you sir.

cmann250

Reaction score
The original clock spring was definitely worn and broken. I'm not completely sure that I put the new one in right because I was working in the dark. I have the exact same symptoms as before.

So I gained knowledge and may have lost $60. Such is life.

Latest posts

Members online