CTC's first 6oh....

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
NtXcUpv.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
this is kind of throwing a wrench in my theory about how these little guys fail.... I always thought the needle bearings lose lubrication and then start to bind up, causing flat spots to be worn into roller, than eventually eating through roller and then the needles coming out.... but this is telling a different story.....

Reaction score
this is kind of throwing a wrench in my theory about how these little guys fail.... I always thought the needle bearings lose lubrication and then start to bind up, causing flat spots to be worn into roller, than eventually eating through roller and then the needles coming out.... but this is telling a different story.....

So the roller still spins pretty good?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
yep! hell I even turned the engine over by hand a few times to watch it roll on the eaten up cam lobe.. it never stopped, it just kept rolling

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
xYAtcckh.jpg

this is the one that ATE the cam lobe. the other one wasnt as bad from what I can see

Strokethis34

Reaction score
Here was mine. Made a chirp noise when warm and would come and go. Has a flat spot, and binds when you roll it. Flat spot on the cam and two valve to piston marks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    860.9 KB · Views: 100

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yes. I've pulled 3 out of motor like that and worse. That's why I was so sure this cam was going to be fine since it was caught so early. But nope... had a slight tick comated to the bingo drums other motors made with worse lifters

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Used cam I got checked out, had that polished. Heads were warped .004, no cracks.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Got about 5 hours in yesterday. Both sides prepped, one side torqued up, rear cover/main installed, hpop in...

hB2KfYE.jpg

hz5sGY8.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Dropped pan, had one sliver of cam lobe and about 6 plastic pieces from glow plug harnesses. Media blasted and undercoated pan, new seal, injectors in, ready to bolt in today. Running by weekend