cts not reading backpressure

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
have an 04 truck with 06 motor in it. anyways the cts wont read ebp. all it reads is 0 and wont go up. the old motor that came out of the truck has the icp in the valve cover so that would suggest to me that its a later 04 truck. should we try a pcm reflash or what. tried it both in stock form and with a tune and either way it wont read it what so ever. im wondering if this could be the reason why the hybrid isnt acting much different than the stock turbo. we have boost and all just weird that the ebp isnt reading. from what i read earlier is that the 03 and early 04 trucks didnt use it but after that it did.

strokin6L

Reaction score
then get a tune that doesn't use the ebp. Fords tuning went from inferred EBP(using the ebp sensor) to non inferred EBP(not using the ebp sensor). The reason they switched from inferred to non inferred ebp programming is because of the problems that the sensor was causeing when the soot plugged the EBP tube and/or sensor. Also if you have a tuned FICM...you can change your strategy through tuning to go from inferred ebp to inferred ebp...eric did this with mine. Earlier strategies use the ebp sensor....later strategies do not use the ebp sensor. He changed mine to an earlier strategy through tuning. Tuners found out that trucks were making more hp using the earlier strategies that used inferred ebp with vgt turbos. If you are running a non vgt turbo...then the hp gains will be very minimal if anything at all using inferred ebp tuning.

Last edited:

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
i dont think the tune is using the ebp because its reading zero either way. im just trying to make this hybrid work. because the stock turbo feels stronger than it right now and every sensor is clean and checked. and also the tune has been dyno tuned and the hybrid made the exact same numbers so im checking everything again before we make more big changes

Bubba88

Reaction score
then get a tune that doesn't use the ebp. Fords tuning went from inferred EBP(using the ebp sensor) to non inferred EBP(not using the ebp sensor). The reason they switched from inferred to non inferred ebp programming is because of the problems that the sensor was causeing when the soot plugged the EBP tube and/or sensor. Also if you have a tuned FICM...you can change your strategy through tuning to go from inferred ebp to inferred ebp...eric did this with mine. Earlier strategies use the ebp sensor....later strategies do not use the ebp sensor. He changed mine to an earlier strategy through tuning. Tuners found out that trucks were making more hp using the earlier strategies that used inferred ebp with vgt turbos. If you are running a non vgt turbo...then the hp gains will be very minimal if anything at all using inferred ebp tuning.

What strategy are you running currently? My CTS isn't showing the info either and I'm all about squeezing some more power out. :thumbsup:

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
Any word from Edge? The rep I spoke to told me only the 05-07 6.0L's would show EPB. I'm gonna put the new tune from Bill on tomorrow, reset the CTS, and see if it pops up. Stay tuned....

They said they are not sure why its not working properly. They said to call during buisness hours but I have been swamped at work. What device is your php tune on?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Bubba88

Reaction score
Any update on this? We haven't been able to get anything working. I'm going to try a couple different routes to see if I can get somewhere.

Latest posts