Cummins in a 1500

RedSmokey

Reaction score
:drool::drool::drool:

like i said, 6.0, head work, cam, roller rockers, headers, and some juice. project brain storm over :thumbsup:

Just get different heads instead of the head work. seems like a lot of places will make you a package deal on h/c/i

And smut, is a gas motor possible or determined on diesel? Pretty sure powerstroked162 explained some extra steps you need to take to do a cummins. What else are you thinking, considering, or looking for?

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Just get different heads instead of the head work. seems like a lot of places will make you a package deal on h/c/i

And smut, is a gas motor possible or determined on diesel? Pretty sure powerstroked162 explained some extra steps you need to take to do a cummins. What else are you thinking, considering, or looking for?

see but you dont need to do that to make good power.... just some porting, those intake and exhaust runners beg to get ported.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Would like to lay out all feasable options on the table. Just something do able but different.

Chevy motor, came in the newer trucks (Vortec 6.0)

There is also the LS2 6.0 that was in the vette and gto

I was told they were the same? Was I shot some bs?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ummmm trust me on this one. You can swap anything into anything. It just takes time and $$$$$$

I think this was is gonna take more time than money actually. We are building a special shop to work in as well. We have been scouting parts locally and it seems that time to work on it will be more important than the money spent.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Those 4.8s have put out close to 1000hp with the right turbo setup and stock internals. I'm pretty sure hotrod mag or somebody just did a build and made some stupid horsepower with a junkyard motor.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ahh... To update this we are designing this truck out. Plans to make it a puller tough suspension hauling rig. Haha Gonna build it rock solid frame to axle. Looking for a cummins I think. Im bout ready to get one of these 6's off a john deere haha

Latest posts

Members online