Cummins in a 1500

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Drop a duramax in it. Swap over would be much easier since most of the necessary parts for the swap would almost be a direct swap over.

Tell your cousin to ProCharge his ls1 after about $5-7k in motor parts. THEN he'll be different and he wont want to consider suicide half way through an engine swap

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Duramax or procharge which gets your vote? Can a 4.8 be built worth a crap

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I dont know enough to honestly answer that question. I only know what I've had my hands in on and thats not 4.8's. I would say give it hell with the gasser if it had a 5.3 because I know guys build those things up with decent results.

Sounds like you need to join a chevy board and start researching

The engine swap to a diesel just seems like a ton of work. Especially when he could just buy a used 3/4ton 2wd truck for a decent price

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
The 6.0 chevy gasser is a great motor. My old work truck was an 04 2500 with the 6.0, always puts out and never puked coolant like other 6.0's i know of.:poke:.... But my truck now is an 3500 with the 8.1l.....496 say what. Only 10k truck truck i know of that can break the tires loose from a stop. Thats what i would look for if i was you. Then think of a pro charger or more likely one very large snail.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My cousin is gonna be pissed when i tell him IDK what we're gonna do now LOL

Jason

Reaction score
6.0 gas motor swap, cam, stall converter and a procharged. If that bitch doesn't do low 11's, I'd set it on fire. My Denali has the 6.0, and is all wheel drive, and it weighs 1400lbs less than my truck does, BUT....my truck doesn't stand a chance in hell at walking on that 6.0 gasser from any speed. I had 2 cars infront of me I was needing to pass...hammered on it at 65mph, and was 103mph per my gps when I moved back over..my truck won't do that, that fast. I had a rcsb '03 with the 5.3 in it, with a magnaflow exhaust on it, and that little sob would scoot! Didn't like towing my mustang much, but, would break the tires loose and slide sideways from a 30mph punch lol.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
6.0 gas motor but I would go with the LS2, not the truck 6.0 motor. You can turbo those or procharge them fairly easy. Otherwise a LS1 or even 5.3 can be built up easy and they are easy to find for a good price.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
6.0 gas motor but I would go with the LS2, not the truck 6.0 motor. You can turbo those or procharge them fairly easy. Otherwise a LS1 or even 5.3 can be built up easy and they are easy to find for a good price.

Truck 6.0s are iron blocks, no difference

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Yes tge heads are also iron, and the cam has a lower profile. But i would swap that cam out anyways and get them heads stage 56 ported LOL

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Yes tge heads are also iron, and the cam has a lower profile. But i would swap that cam out anyways and get them heads stage 56 ported LOL

But why not start out with better heads? I agree, either way I would change the cam though. But I guess if you got the truck 6.0 cheap enough could still be worth just buying some new heads and cam...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Usually the truck 6.0 is much cheaper. Just throw a fast intake on it with a cam some headwork headers and some gogo juice and you'll be in the 11s no problem....

Jason

Reaction score
Good thing about the ls1 motors is the interchangeability. You can use the ls1 cams in the 5.3/5.7/6.0 motors, same with heads etc. The ls1's have insane power capability for simple mods. Cam only (well, intake, exhaust, tuning) 500rwhp cars n/a, what other motors have that ability?? I wish at times I hadnt sold that little regular can pickup, it was just gutless when towing.

Latest posts

Members online