Cylinder Head cracking and Intake Manifold!?

Klutch

Reaction score
What cylinders are cracking? All of them, randomly? Or is the ones closer to the firewall? Just wondering because of difference in flow in the intake. if so a ported intake should help?

Also, can you get the no limits intake elbow that would work with a regular cold side pipe(so I wouldn't need the whole setup)?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
What cylinders are cracking? All of them, randomly? Or is the ones closer to the firewall? Just wondering because of difference in flow in the intake. if so a ported intake should help?

Also, can you get the no limits intake elbow that would work with a regular cold side pipe(so I wouldn't need the whole setup)?

The cracking is in the exhaust seats of the heads.

IMG_8209.jpg

No Limits set up, no its a full cold side and elbow set up, because the elbow goes past where a normal cold side pipe would meet

BFT

Reaction score

i think its the rear cylinders. the stock intake manifold showed 20% less in flow. but it was more melting then cracking from what i remember? hopefully before i drop my cab ill have one of elites new intakes.

i think you need the whole set up to make it work. i dont think it was even set up to go with a factory cold side pipe.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
yea pretty sure i read you need the whole thing, wont work with other pipes

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
i think its the rear cylinders. the stock intake manifold showed 20% less in flow. but it was more melting then cracking from what i remember? hopefully before i drop my cab ill have one of elites new intakes.

i think you need the whole set up to make it work. i dont think it was even set up to go with a factory cold side pipe.

I believe he is referring to cracked cylinder heads, not melted/cracked pistons.

MINK

Reaction score
Here is the pic of mine. I whent with hardened seats - guess we'll see how that works.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 127

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I posted the same pic Mink and the OP had the mods delete it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I did hardened seats as well. I just worry about dropping a seat with high egts
Seen it happen before but not on a 6.4

MINK

Reaction score
No like literally it was that exact picLOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didnt see you posted it lol...yea I actually think the head pictured was off your truck even.

Glad to see everyone else is having good luck with the hardend seats.

BFT

Reaction score
I was more reading the post rather then the thread lining.
I had mine hardened as well. When I took my heads off this time everything was fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.