Cylinder heads, let talk best set up

Superblazin

Reaction score
Ok, so based on experience not hear say! Who has had what and best experiences in head work? What is the best bang for the peso!
Decking
Porting
Polishing
Oring or fire ring?
Valve jobs and guides
Springs
Retainers
Rockers

I have read a bizillion threads on various topics but not the end all be all with proven stats on grains plus longevity.
Rumours and reading.
Decking is a must for true surface
Porting. No flow tests that I have found to prove it being productive. Or rumours of over porting causing unreliability and cracking. So what is the magic tolerance?

Polishing. Always a plus for flow. But can gains be had, and can one really get deep enough inside to receive a true polish and full effect..

Orings vs fire rings. Heard many company's do refer too o ringing as fire ring but two completely different procedures in providing added clamping force
Heard horror stories of fire rings burning out and failing

Valve jobs, read hardend sleeves to the areas where prone cracking is the best choice?

Springs and retainers. Do we really see the rpm to justify?

What are the options for rockers. Harland is to be the holy grail. If you want to get divorced and shed your first Born. But what gains are to be had. If you really don't like her that much?

Lastly who and what would be your recipe and for how much. To gain how much. And for how long will it last

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
I suggest springs if going higher boost.
If the stock springs are weak, and only have ~70 psi on the seat for seating pressure, they will get pushed open from higher boost pressures.

Bump for some info on RCD's cnc'd heads. I'd like to see pictures of them ports.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
We are actually leaving in a little to drive to IL to pick up a built 6.0 with rcd ported heads so maybe I can get some pics for you guys.

ford rules

Reaction score
Considering it's still a 6.0 head and it's prollay still gonna crack I'd do a valve job, springs and o-ring them. That's just my opinion on it. It seams like people have made pretty power with just that.

sonic_superduty

Reaction score
In my personal opinion, im a fan of a decked block & heads and thats it. Never been a fan of oring/ fire rings in a 6.0, rocker arms wise stick with what you have because the 4k+ price you do not gain much at all... now if your goin to a solid lifter conversion then yes... still in the process but here are the first set of solid conversion Harland adjustable roller rockers..

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390188530160.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390188530160.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 77

Latest posts

Members online