D60 Front, dually conversion?

rsr911

Reaction score
How difficult is it to convert an 89 front D60 to dually so I can run the same wheels all around? Anything wrong with just machining up a set of adapters from some blanks of steel? I've got a machine shop. Did the later model dually 4wd trucks (not an option in 89) have larger brakes or anything like that?

sgleshot

Reaction score
just swap the hubs out to dually hubs, easily done. brakes remain the same.

sgleshot

Reaction score
ya you should be able to find them at a yard, or fleabay. Or lemme know and I could probably even scrounge a set for ya. heres what they look like, rotor bolts on from the backside using 12pt hardware. I've found depending on what kind of wheels you have, you may need to clearance the flange that goes around the lockout, not a big deal, I've done it with a 4.5" angle grinder.

dana60hub.png

rsr911

Reaction score
I've got two lathes so clearancing wouldn't be an issue. Do you have a set you want to sell? I don't even know what years they came on.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I've got two lathes so clearancing wouldn't be an issue. Do you have a set you want to sell? I don't even know what years they came on.

They came on any obs ford with a dana 60, so like 85-97......fairly easy to find of you look in the right places.

sgleshot

Reaction score

lemme go through my barn O Sh!t and see what ive got

Latest posts

Members online