Dacco triple disk, triple clutch steel convertor?

always-strokin

Reaction score
Called the high-end shop around here that rebuilt the e4od in my truck a few mos before I bought it, in an effort to get some info on my trans. I thought it was peculiar that I could tow 10k lbs, never had a slippage issue, never goes over 160-180*, and still has bright red fluid several years after I bought the truck.

Turns out it was stripped to bare case, radiator and cooler flushed, has factory valve body but has a triple disk, triple clutch, steel convertor from Dacco in Tennesee put into it.

Whats the deal w/ that convertor? Any good? Good enough for 4-500hp?

always-strokin

Reaction score
So according to Dacco, its p/n: hd 3696-6-2

Claims its a billet cover, and its rated to 1700ft-lbs of torque. Looks like I may NOT be upgrading my TC this summer after all.

always-strokin

Reaction score
3696-6-2 (110-K)
Brand: Ford
Model: FORD E4OD and 4R100
Stall: LOW STALL
Family: COMMERCIAL
Size: 13"
Bolt Pattern: 11 1/2"
Engine: DIESEL
6 MOUNTING STUDS
Brazed Impeller: YES
Brazed Turbine: NO
Bearings: NO
Washers: 2
Diode Stator: NO
Balloon Plates: NO
Notes: DIESEL APPLICATIONS, 110-K (LOW STALL) & 95-K (EXTRA-LOW STALL) WITH 6 MOUNTING STUDS. "FORGED" COVER. MULTIPLE PLATE LOCK-UP CLUTCH SYSTEM

According to RacerX, these guys also make the TC's for Banks.

It's a "low stall" 105k unit. So probably good for towing right?

Last edited:

always-strokin

Reaction score
Soon to be a well-fueled d66. Stock turbo right this second..

Also, called Diesel Pap and spoke w/ Miss Diesel Pap from dieselbombers. Evidently they are using the same exact TC that I have in my truck. He's running 750whp in his stroke and has been doing tractor pulls w/ it since 2009.

I say I have an alright torque convertor...

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Soon to be a well-fueled d66. Stock turbo right this second..

Also, called Diesel Pap and spoke w/ Miss Diesel Pap from dieselbombers. Evidently they are using the same exact TC that I have in my truck. He's running 750whp in his stroke and has been doing tractor pulls w/ it since 2009.

I say I have an alright torque convertor...

just because dude is having great luck with his, don't expect you will have the same results...

just some food for thought.

always-strokin

Reaction score
Well his good luck falls inline with the 1800ft-lb capacity they are capable of according to the manufacturer.

I dont plan anywhere near 750hp or 1800ft-lbs :)

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Again just because he has good luck with it dont assume you will too.... Every truck is different.

Latest posts

Members online